Shellac last night at atp (2 Viewers)

M.BISON said:
supersilent have 6 albums called 1,2,3,4,5,6
they're totally deadly

andrew
make me a copy? no... that doesn't sound like something you'd do... anyone else got any of them?

hag said:
stop it! i believe you...
is jenjen going to be in landan next monday?
reckon so, i haven't heard otherwise. send my sisterly greetings if you see her.

oh, and watch out for the prevalence of truly frightening moustaches at atp. or grow one of your own!

minka said:
oh, and watch out for the prevalence of truly frightening moustaches at atp. or grow one of your own!

yes...

What was with the contingent of extras from Grand Theft Parsons?

Who were they?

Why were they there?

Why were they bedecked in handlebar moustaches and checked flares and waistcoats over nekkid torsos?

minka said:
reckon so, i haven't heard otherwise. send my sisterly greetings if you see her.

ha ha ha, moustaches and mullets... when will people learn? next thing they'll be riding around on harleys... ;)

I was so pissed when I put on a night that clashed with Supersilent in Belfast. They are a fantastic band. Those records are ALL gold.

Sun City Girls and the Boredoms are two bands I would love to see. Why didn't I get cash scraped together for at least one of these weekends.

Dumbass!

Both the Whispering Gallery and the IMC have tried to bring Supersilent over to Dublin in the past, but their fee was too much...

By the way - an important ATP question - were they taking booze off people on the way into the camp?

simp said:
By the way - an important ATP question - were they taking booze off people on the way into the camp?
nope, or at least they didn't pay attention to our mysteriously clanking bags. i had no trouble taking my own drink into the venues either.

minka said:
nope, or at least they didn't pay attention to our mysteriously clanking bags. i had no trouble taking my own drink into the venues either.

Security was pleasantly laid back this year compared to some of the heavy handed power crazed steroid freaks they've employed in previous years who'd beat the shite out of you if you looked at them crookedy.

No probs getting alcohol in at all !
I walked through the main gates carrying 2 crates of beer, and constantly walked past bouncers in/out the venue drinking bottles/cans and nowt was said.
Security were all really polite and nice :)

How the fuck could you say Kid606 was boring? Must have been at a different gig??
I never heard of an electronic guy stage diving before.The crowd were well into.

ilovehoovering said:
new Mclusky stuff sounding good then? i hope so...the last single was pure shite.

they are quite possibly The Worlds Most Embarrasing Band

kirstie said:
they are quite possibly The Worlds Most Embarrasing Band
haha.

McLusky were totally deadly. Had a really good crowd too, and nearly everyone seemed into them.

"My band's better than your band
We got more songs than a song convention"

B for the Spree said:
shit harris when did supersilent play here? i only heard 6 but its amazing. all improv, fuckin deadly.

The same night we did Wheel Me Out in the Attic Arts. I think Moving On put them on in the Crescent. We'd already sorted everything out when I read their program :(

Oh well!

patch said:
ahh, supersilent, tortoise, mogwai, the boredoms, argh argh, i missed them. what were tortoise like, no ones said,
i enjoyed them, though they weren't as good as when they played at the year they curated. they did finish with an extremely kick-ass version of "swung from the gutters", though, and there were a couple of interesting-sounding new things.

i was also a bit distracted by being stuck next to the Perennially Drunk And Uncoordinated Belgians yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back