Sexism & racism & homophobia, god help us (2 Viewers)

There was an awful lot of misinformation flying around twitter when the story first broke.

Lots of "they met in a club, he didn't know what age she was" type shit that was just baseless. People always seem to be in a rush to defend a nonce.

There was an awful lot of misinformation flying around twitter when the story first broke.

Lots of "they met in a club, he didn't know what age she was" type shit that was just baseless. People always seem to be in a rush to defend a nonce.
His Google searches seem to know he was fully aware of what age she was, but didn't know what that meant legally.
Predatory and stupid. Quite the mix.

In one of the rare times he spoke at the legislature, Pacquiao quoted heavily from the Bible as he vigorously sought to stop a proposed law, since passed, granting free condoms to the poor.

He credits his renewed Christian faith for transforming him from a free-spending womaniser and gambler into a devoted family man who can recite Bible verses.

Well, she's right in that he's not a paedophile and the whole age of consent is essentially an arbitrary figure but hey, the law is the law and he broke it, fully aware he was doing so, so my sympathy is limited.
Are we defining paedophile as something other than someone who has sex with children?

Are we defining paedophile as something other than someone who has sex with children?

Well, on a technicality. Ephebophile would be the correct term, I think its a distinction worth making, there's a fundamental difference pre and post pubescence. But, as before, he has broken the law so I'm certainly not looking for him to be treated any differently.

Some pedantic types would argue that he's ephebophile, that is to say someone attracted to mid-late adolescents, but I don't think the law recognises the distinctions.

Well, on a technicality. Ephebophile would be the correct term, I think its a distinction worth making, there's a fundamental difference pre and post pubescence. But, as before, he has broken the law so I'm certainly not looking for him to be treated any differently.
Never heard that term before.

Some pedantic types would argue that he's ephebophile, that is to say someone attracted to mid-late adolescents, but I don't think the law recognises the distinctions.

Right, the law is literally "sexual activity with a child" or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back