Sexism, god help us (3 Viewers)

Ha! It fucking is!

Hahaha.

Oh, man. The internet never stops giving.

Birth of the Puppies
To understand the Puppies, it helps to know their pedigrees. All are sci-fi authors. All are past Hugo nominees (but none of them winners). To many, this goes a long way towards explaining the Puppies’ motivation: entitled outrage in the wake of defeat. To the Puppies, those are fighting words. As Brad Torgersen, one of the Sad Puppy leaders told me, he and his compatriots “could care less about a silver rocket ship that looks like a marital aid.” (Though this begs the question: Why target them?) The Puppy campaigns, he said, are about just one thing: fairness.

Last edited:
Oh, this guy is a beauty

Nonetheless, based on his voluminous writings, it can be said that Theodore Beale—who writes fiction as a hobby while working as a game designer—openly opposes racial diversity, homosexuality, and women’s suffrage. Beale quibbles with those assertions, as he did with me when I reached him at his home in Northern Italy. For example, he says he doesn’t oppose all women’s suffrage, just women (and most men) voting in a representative democracy, like the one we have, um, in America. The reason: “Women are very, very highly inclined to value security over liberty” and thus are “very, very easy to manipulate.” (He favors direct democracy—and, obviously, men). At one point, he emailed that he would be “very disappointed” if I failed to quote theWall Street Journal’s label for him: “the most despised man in science fiction.”

Hahaha. This is gold right here.

Ugh, if this is your leader, you need to pick another side. or stop dressing up as a wizard altogether.

A beat, and then he added: “I don’t consider all black people to be half-savages. I mean, some people are. Here in Europe, for example, we have actual proper Africans, not African-Americans. This leads to problems, like people shitting on top of the closed toilets. They don’t know how to use indoor plumbing, okay? This is not civilized behavior.”

These days I'm on the side of the school bullies, maybe they knew where all this was headed

tumblr_m0mh45GmZ61rogjzto1_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back