Sexism, god help us (5 Viewers)

‘Honey bear’: Berkeley student details alleged sexual advances by professor

The professor also forwarded Hemenway extensive email conversations he had with others about the harassment claims against him – correspondences in which he and others mocked the allegations.

In one message, Wentworth wrote, “I want to find out who’s spreading this rumor, and grind their fucking nuts into powder before I distribute it into communal meals for his family.” He also repeatedly referred to Hemenway as “attractive” and a “shining star” in the emails, while calling another undergraduate an “ugly girl”.

Hemenway said she tried to brush aside his behavior, but it only got worse. She wanted to speak up but was worried about her career. Because Wentworth was advising her on her thesis and responsible for her letters of recommendation, she felt she had to remain silent.
“I will always honor professor-student boundaries,” he said, according to the complaint. “Once you graduate, that’s an entirely different scenario. I look forward to the day when you graduate. … But until then, just know that I will never come onto you or make you feel uncomfortable. Got that, honey?”

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Went back to work after taking time off to welcome Mini Ammonis to the world and make sure the two of them were well looked after at home. First thing one of the guys said was "How was your holiday?" Dick.

I
Went back to work after taking time off to welcome Mini Ammonis to the world and make sure the two of them were well looked after at home. First thing one of the guys said was "How was your holiday?" Dick.

If he's like me; not being particularly interested in what people at work get up to, he might have been completely oblivious to the fact you'd had a child and just assumed you were on leave.

Congratulations by the way

This comment nails it (misspellings aside)

Dear Sir or Madam,
I've been a keen reader of The Onion for a while now, but I must say that your attempt to palgiarize The Guardian is going a little too far at this point. You're even the copying the colorscheme and url and I…what? What was that? Oh, this IS The Guardian? Wow, sorry, I seem to have gotten confused there. See, its just that I couldn't imagine that any intelligent human would be serious about this.

vile
dracula.jpg

horrorposter9.jpg

black-lagoon.jpg

and so on

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back