Sexism, god help us (2 Viewers)

good call

i'm gonna go read up on all the latest equality crazes so i can pretend to have been on board all along when they become mainstream

The #ILookLikeAnEngineer Hashtag Challenges Stereotypes On Twitter | Popular Science

1-tm5clfgmj4wit4qgzxnqgq.jpeg

Too pretty to code?

Never too pretty to work for a creative company like Onelogin - "The Secure Approach to Becoming Cloud First"

• Increase Enterprise Compliance
  • Measurable Cost Reduction
  • Higher Efficacy for IT Identity Teams
  • Empower Your Enterprise

an exciting, sexy time to be alive imho

good call

i'm gonna go read up on all the latest equality crazes so i can pretend to have been on board all along when they become mainstream
?
Aren't you on teh front line of all this shit already?
You've got date-stamped bona fides if anyone comes privilege-checking.

its just so hard to keep up

It is a bit, I suppose. When it doesn't affect you directly.
I just give money and the odd dig out to them. Except the gays. They're in pretty good shape at this point, literally (hey-oo!)
Although I did paint my friend Chris's living room before his wedding - for nothing! (well, a pizza).
I'm saying that totally counts as political involvement in furthering the cause.

One fight at a time, or go have your own fight about your own issues on your own platform.
Progressive politics are as much hampered by their own internal divisions and schisms as they are by what they're fighting against.

And the beat goes on

Don't Piss on Your Best Friend

Lefty activists undermining those they have common cause with, diminishing them both. Been happening since forever.

Go shout at someone who deserves it.
Preach it

I'm all for Bernie. Liked his FB page and everything.

Last edited:
Well, this lady's argument seems to be 'fuck you, you're white and what would you know? I fucked your Dad'. And Kate Winslet hasn't a clue cos she's white and eats lunch.
The BLM protest yesterday was of the same order, except Bernie would essentially be on the same side of most issues as the protesters, so it's more dispiriting.
In 2015, there are many ways to get a message out, increase visibility and have your voice heard. I haven't heard the case made that disrupting and dismissing the best efforts of your fellow travelers is the best way forward.
Shouting down probably feels good when you're angry about something, but I'm not convinced it does a whole lot for either message.

speaking up, shouting down, what's the difference

Plenty or none at all, I suppose. Probably depends on the context or your POV.

Bernie was prevented from speaking in the first place. So I'm not even sure if that's either.
Meryl Streep basically got told she's white and could go fuck herself and her opinions are for shit. Maybe that's both? But she wasn't there, so maybe neither?

someone mentioning intersectionality

Was it not something about that the argument the person (a lady made a video about an anti-woman issue, I think) was making was somewhat invalid because she was white cis?

I have seen neither the video nor the comment.

Do we have to question the bona fides of everyone from Lena Dunham to Bernie Sanders to video lady every time they speak on anything at all?
The reactionary right seems to be doing a good job of that already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back