Sexism, god help us (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interesting, but is it not a bit meaningless when they haven't specified what the same group of women perceive when the gender proportions are reversed?

Air-conditioning formula is outdated, sexist.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/science/chilly-at-work-a-decades-old-formula-may-be-to-blame.html

“Many men, they wear suits and ties, and women tend to dress sometimes with cleavage..... I wouldn’t overestimate the effect of cleavage, but it’s there.”

04cold2-master675.jpg

My office is like that.

Except I'd MUCH prefer to be too cold than too warm, and i'm always too warm, so I dunno.

Anita Sarkesian tweeted something about a new Tropes v Women video the other day - I read a good few of the replies just to re-affirm my hatred of humanity. As you do.

But there was a gir there complaining of Anita's lack of intersectionality in her vidoes and how she was in dinger of being a white cis something or other - I was a bit confused.

Jeusus - though - there a lot of woolly headed nonsense feminism around

But there was a gir there complaining of Anita's lack of intersectionality in her vidoes and how she was in dinger of being a white cis something or other - I was a bit confused.

Jeusus - though - there a lot of woolly headed nonsense feminism around

The internet is an angry place.

I'd like to understand why exactly calling up the lack of intersectionality in many white feminist agendas is nonsense?

Well it's really about how you do it isn't it? Anita Sarkeesian spends her whole life putting up with shit from MRA's and gamergaters, she'd probably be pretty open to constructive criticism as opposed to rape threats. Bitchy, angry internet @'ing of someone on twitter or in the comments never helps anyone, least of all your own cause.

I'd like to understand why exactly calling up the lack of intersectionality in many white feminist agendas is nonsense?

It can come across as undermining crosstalk and distracting to what the original lady is trying to achieve, which sounds worthy enough, but I never saw the video.
One fight at a time, or go have your own fight about your own issues on your own platform.
Progressive politics are as much hampered by their own internal divisions and schisms as they are by what they're fighting against.

I should probably watch the video though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back