Sexism, god help us (2 Viewers)

So depressing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All these people (mostly women) attacking this woman for speaking out

Is that a misleading pull quote? (Done my 10 articles)

Is that a misleading pull quote? (Done my 10 articles)

This is the quote
“Her career was ruined by this one guy asking for sex on this night. And, realistically, she would have been much better to have given him a blow job on that night,” Dr McMullin said.

“What I tell my trainees is that, if you are approached for sex, probably the safest thing to do in terms of your career is to comply with the request; the worst thing you can possibly do is to complain to the supervising body because then, as in Caroline’s position, you can be sure that you will never be appointed to a major public hospital.”

Which reads to me along the lines of "The system is so dominated by men, that a woman seeking advancement not only has to run the gauntlet of unwanted sexual advances, but if she complains, the system will punish her for it"
A call to action on a majorly fucked system. Be angry about this.
Most everyone seems to be reading it as - "Whaddyagonnado? Just blow the guy"

The irony is that they are defending a woman's right to speak out by attacking a woman for speaking out.

it becomes clear what she meant if you dig around a bit but i think she went a little hard on the deadpan in fairness

it got people's attention anyway which i imagine was the point

it becomes clear what she meant if you dig around a bit but i think she went a little hard on the deadpan in fairness

it got people's attention anyway which i imagine was the point
can you do the digging around for me and tell me where to look?

please.

slightly patronising and yes, it's a goddamn buzzfeed listicle, and some picture links are broken, but this is still pretty good

19 Things Dads Do That You Won’t See In Popular Culture

One of my absolute pet hates - nearly every single parenting article is aimed at mothers/moms/mums with a few aimed at dads... when every fucking one of them should be "parent" unless they are talking about something that is exclusive to one gender (gestation, labour and breastfeeding being the only three things I can think of) and even then the topic is relevant to both parents regardless of gender as both need to understand what will happen and both have a role to play, whether it is as the star, or supporting.

I also get filled with rage when a Dad is "babysitting" if he is actually parenting his own children - utterly disrespectful.

It’s 2050 And Feminism Has Finally Won
/me is bamboozled
Everyone agrees that Harper Lee wrote In Cold Blood under Truman Capote’s name as a favor before beating Ernest Hemingway in Greco-Roman-style wrestling. Sex is just when two or more women take the mathematics portion of the SAT together and kick a businessman’s teeth in. It’s 2050 and Bob Dylan was never even born.
Read more at It's 2050 And Feminism Has Finally Won
What? I don't get it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back