Serreyeasiss (3 Viewers)

aoifed said:
Maybe you guys should try eating really well- whole foods and shit, cutting out booze and fags and drugs. Give your immune system a fighting chance and see what happens. I bet it makes a difference.

yeah its its amazing what a few weeks off the smokes does...

aoifed said:
Maybe you guys should try eating really well- whole foods and shit, cutting out booze and fags and drugs. Give your immune system a fighting chance and see what happens. I bet it makes a difference.

i do this alll along.
i've never taken drugs.
i don't drink and have only drank enough mouthfuls of it as a teen to know it tastes shit i didn't want to start.
also it's a waste of money on both counts above.
i've been off animal food produce since 1993

i eat pasta, rice, oatmeal, pulses loads of fruit etc. every day.

so sorry AOIFED you're off the mark there.

spiritualtramp said:
But you don't mention fresh veg there, I assume you'd eat loads of that too? If not Aoifed may have a point.

she has a point in that eating well is gonna help your body fight anything. But to suggest it as a solution is misinformed and short sighted. This is a medical condition, not just being run down (although being run down can make it worse, as can stress, being tired and allergens) I speak mainly of eczema, because thats what I have/know about (but afaik the two are v similar). Its just too easy for people to blame things like this on not looking after yourself when there's a million things that can flare it up.

img08706.jpg

Scaleigh is it too late to say I'm sorry.
Scaleigh could we get it together again.
I can't go on pretending that it
came to a natural end.
Scaleigh I never thought I'd miss you,
and Scaleigh I'd hoped that
we'd always be friends.

Wavioli said:
she has a point in that eating well is gonna help your body fight anything. But to suggest it as a solution is misinformed and short sighted. This is a medical condition, not just being run down (although being run down can make it worse, as can stress, being tired and allergens) I speak mainly of eczema, because thats what I have/know about (but afaik the two are v similar). Its just too easy for people to blame things like this on not looking after yourself when there's a million things that can flare it up.

i agree. my sisters psoriasis is a lot worse than mine and she only goes out/drinks once or twice a month, generally eats well and doesnt smoke.

most recently i tried went on fish oil tablets for a month and using creams that didnt contain active ingredients but it was in vain. But for some reason mine has got really bad over the past two weeks.

I have a sensitive scalp.
Being in the sun makes it go away completely and failing that,seeing as we live in Ireland,Nizoral usually does the trick.

Wavioli said:

Hey Ralph, I didn't say it was a complete solution or that anyone who has it is to blame because they don't look after themselves.

Eating well and generally staying as free from debilitating toxins as you can will give your system a better chance at fighting any illness or condition. Lots of people aint willing to do this (give up drugs/drink/smokes), including me.

I'm no doctologist but I'm pretty sure it's a factor. Willing to stand corrected of course.

aoifed said:
Hey Ralph, I didn't say it was a complete solution or that anyone who has it is to blame because they don't look after themselves.

Eating well and generally staying as free from debilitating toxins as you can will give your system a better chance at fighting any illness or condition. Lots of people aint willing to do this (give up drugs/drink/smokes), including me.

I'm no doctologist but I'm pretty sure it's a factor. Willing to stand corrected of course.

you're right that it is a factor, but moreso from stress that it causes (by way of toxins, yes) alchohol also dehydrates you, which obviously isnt good for a dry skin condition.

Sorry about snapping, just it can be quite frustrating being talked down to by people that dont know what theyre talking about (I see that that wasnt totally the case now), giving you well-meaning advice, such as 'oh Ive got this fantastic moisturiser that you should try', which misses the point that my skin isnt bad from lack of care, I just have a disease. I'd say the main causes are stress and tiredness, because there have been manys a boozy night that i wake up and my skin is actually better than it was. drink and fags can have a good effect, because they help us relax and relieve stress, but of course in moderation.

*rant over*

:)

I quite like the idea of having another creature eat the scabs off me

the cat didn't go for it though

KANGALTITEL.jpg

Anyone her use this?

Psoriasin

psoriasin-gel.gif

a mate got it in the states and has had good results but I cant find a european seller- (US companies are looking for up to $30 shipping!)

Is it available in chemists?

That will probably turn out to be one of those products that gets pulled off the market in 6 months because it's caused some kind of serious health problem.

I've suffered with psoriasis since I was 5 or 6, off and on. Some of the outbreaks have been horrendous!

Right now it is in recession (it takes so long to clear).

One cream that I found pretty good for alleviating it was Curea (Coal Tar and Urea) cream - but it stinks and is horrible so I really need to be in a bad way before I'll use it.

Taking MSM and oils (fish oil, starflower, Udo's oil etc) helps me to keep it under control and helps to clear it. Avoiding smoking and drinking does help to control it but you gotta have some vices.

Major triggers are stress, oranges, any kind of injury (cuts go scaly).

As Egg_ mentioned, in agreement with John Updike, I find that sun/sunbeds is the only guaranteed to get it clearing method.

Coal Tar - linked with cancer
Steroid Creams - cause skin thinning, cause other health problems if they are used frequently or over large areas of skin
Sun - skin cancer risk

You don't have to take fish oils to get your omegas. This stuff is supposed to be amazing for all sorts of skin complaints:
s0029.jpg

It's also good for the brain etc. I keep meaning to take it just as a general good thing, but I'm afraid of it being too oily. But when I worked in the health shop people with psoraiesisi (spppp???) got great results with this.

A fish kettle is a type of pan for cooking fish in.

You don't have to take fish oils to get your omegas. This stuff is supposed to be amazing for all sorts of skin complaints:
s0029.jpg

It's also good for the brain etc. I keep meaning to take it just as a general good thing, but I'm afraid of it being too oily. But when I worked in the health shop people with psoraiesisi (spppp???) got great results with this.

Taking MSM and oils (fish oil, starflower, Udo's oil etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back