Serreyeasiss (1 Viewer)

i've heard that mixing silcocks base with a little betnovate is very effective. is that what you did?

i might give it a go. i have it really bad around the joints, ankles, elbows, knees etc.

Lefty Frizzell said:
i've heard that mixing silcocks base with a little betnovate is very effective. is that what you did?

i might give it a go. i have it really bad around the joints, ankles, elbows, knees etc.

This one GP who claims to be dermitologist says that most skin treatment stuff and bathing the affected areas dries the bejaysus out of the skin and that this emulsifying cream seals in moisture allowing the skin to heal up. My foot is the best its been in ages anyways...

One of my old housemates used to have one of those thingys, maybe she's a p-person. :D
Anyways she started using flax oil ( Its the same as linseed oil I believe) and it really helped. It's a bit expensive, 5 yoyo a small bottle i think, you get it in health food shops.

Neem oil. i saw it in OZ, supposed to be deadly.

"Neem seed oil is probably the best product currently available for treating psoriasis. It moisturizes and protects the skin while it helps heal the lesions, scaling and irritation. Experiments and reports from patients with psoriasis have shown taking neem leaf orally combined with topical treatment with neem seed oil appear to be at least as effective as coal tar and cortisone in treating psoriasis. "

lenord neen oil
leonard+nimoy.jpg

Unclealo said:
Hey,

I've nasty eczema on my foot that's improving with Betnovate oil (steroid based, used the cream variety before to no affect) and emulsifying cream that keeps the skin hydrated. The emulsifying cream is cheap and available from most chemists without perscription -you ever tried it?

this book comes highly recommended from the flaky world of wavioli.

sincere caring look comma honest eyes dash smile

here leper head, if your face is falling off you're can't come to me party. onny beautiful people need apply.

i've had psoriasis since i was seven in 1983.
it started in my scalp and in the 90's started to spread all over the place including eyelid area, calves, knees, elbows, behind ears,left foot and my face either side of my nose.
the corner of my eyes and sometimes eyelids used to get really sore for years and i had to put vaseline on that every day to prevent it getting really sore. i now think this improved after giving up using olive oil soap on face.
other than that i've not used anything on it for years.
i've used different things like tea tree oil and grapefruit seed extract on a foot fungus - same foot - and it didn't help so that has put off herbal remedy type stuff.
basically apart from my foot it doesn't bother me very much and i really don't think about it. there is too much of it to treat anyway.
and yes my bed is permanently covered it in flakes of the stuff.

i have it bad on my arms.
i've tried lots of steroid creams (betnovate and the green version... can't remember) but ist bad for your skin and effectively just burns it away but doesn't get rid of it.

quite simply if i don't smoke or drink for two weeks it dissapears. completely.

i was off alcohol and fags for January and it went. as soon as i started again (yes, yes, i have no willpower) it came back as bad as before.

i'm going to give up cigs again soon and cut back on the alcy-hol, see if i can strike a balance.

That Silcock's Base and Betnovate mix is good, but you gotta plaster yourself in it and cover yourself in cling film and leave it over night I think. Unless you're making a fashion statement, it's the shits.

Some "kerazay" homeopathic doctors theorise that the sore-eye-osis is caused by "leaky gut syndrome" whereby toxins that are usually eliminated out the arse leak into the body, and psoriosis is the body trying to excrete those toxins through the skin. Honest to goodness science hasn't actually proven that "leaky gut" exists, but many claim that cutting out dairy and other things, eating whole foods and staying off the booiz has done the trick, or at least made the rash less worse.

Summat like 'ah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back