secret vice. (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by michaelknight
Where's grandad? etc.

Actually I'm not quite clear on that cos there were so many of those ads (the 80s equivalent of the current drink-driving 'shockers'....speaking of which, when did drowning in barrels and slurry pits etc stop being dangerous? Why was it bad enough for there to be ads about it then and not now? Why goddamit??)...er, anyway...who drowns - the kid or the grandad or do both?

Originally posted by Juno
Actually I'm not quite clear on that cos there were so many of those ads (the 80s equivalent of the current drink-driving 'shockers'....speaking of which, when did drowning in barrels and slurry pits etc stop being dangerous? Why was it bad enough for there to be ads about it then and not now? Why goddamit??)...er, anyway...who drowns - the kid or the grandad or do both?
Um, both, as far as my (admittedly rather sketchy) memory goes...I think it might even have been two separate ads...

Pantyhose, is your grandad THE grandad, or do you refer to some other old geezer?

my Grandad was in the ad where he and some other bloke (who in my memory was Larry Hagman... but probably wasn't... *shrug*) are having a natter on the farm, and in the back ground is a small child mucking about.

After a while two men pause in a *hey, wheres that little kid manner* they turn round to face camera, sudden expression of shock and horror!

The Camera about tunrs and theres a childs legs hanging off the edge of a big rusty oil drum.... his head punged deep into the water..... is he?... could he be?..... no not cute farm boy!.... he couldn't be....

....dead!!

Anyway that was my Grandad. This was circa 1982 - 84 or something as I was very young and developed a very serious fear that my Grandad was going to drown my in an oil drum and thus he scared the crap out of me for the rest of his time.

Jaysus, you must have been very proud, having a relative as an ACTOR on the TV and whatnot. Although I s'pose it was offset by your aforementioned terror.

a friend of mine caught a packet of rollo's from that giant packet of rollo's that rolled down the hill in enniskerry...

Originally posted by Pantone247
my Grandad was in the ad where he and some other bloke (who in my memory was Larry Hagman... but probably wasn't... *shrug*) are having a natter on the farm, and in the back ground is a small child mucking about.

After a while two men pause in a *hey, wheres that little kid manner* they turn round to face camera, sudden expression of shock and horror!

The Camera about tunrs and theres a childs legs hanging off the edge of a big rusty oil drum.... his head punged deep into the water..... is he?... could he be?..... no not cute farm boy!.... he couldn't be....

....dead!!

Anyway that was my Grandad. This was circa 1982 - 84 or something as I was very young and developed a very serious fear that my Grandad was going to drown my in an oil drum and thus he scared the crap out of me for the rest of his time.

that ad killed me! the kid was banging a castrol gtx can with a stick! ahhh cute bogger children who die.fun.

Jaysus, you must have been very proud, having a relative as an ACTOR on the TV and whatnot. Although I s'pose it was offset by your aforementioned terror.

very much offset, yes.

You can see in my avatar there, while I seem to be happily playing with some toy cars... I'm actually keeping one eye on the door... lest my grandad run in and try and drown me in a oil drum.

s'funny I ain't thought about that in ages.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..no one died juno. It was makebelieve.

It's just a touchy subject given the number of childhood near death experiences I had involving barrels, oil drums etc :(

For instance -

It's not a good idea to roll down hills in rusty barrels
Nor is it a good idea to let anyone then turn the barrel up on it's end so that you're upside down inside it.
Putting water in your dad's can of Castrol GTX is an especially bad plan..

Ah, it wasn't meant to make you feel bad. They're all quite funny in retrospect (especially the one where the ould fella put the oil/water mix in both the lawnmower and the chainsaw and it fucked up both and I was very nearly sold off for parts). Your comment about the cute bogger children was cuntish but funny so it's alree..I won't be getting together a bogger-mob to go round your gaff with pitchforks and bailing twine :D

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
the kid was banging a castrol gtx can with a stick
Fuck me now that brings back the memories...

Why don't RTE show all of these at Christmas to go with the Wanderly Wagon nostalgiathon? I'm only dying to see Harry Molloy in his previous incarnation as Maverick Triple X hombre

Originally posted by Juno

It's not a good idea to roll down hills in rusty barrels
Nor is it a good idea to let anyone then turn the barrel up on it's end so that you're upside down inside it.
Putting water in your dad's can of Castrol GTX is an especially bad plan..

I still do most of that at the weekends. Also, putting a drop of petrol on the spark plugs to get her started..

What about all the leathal tractor manouvers,
involving things that make bails of hay?
involving standing on the bit between the tractor and trailer while travelling?
Farms are playgrounds!!!

What's the story - will Frank be the manager? I see him lurking with intent there...I can see him being a good manager, all sweet talk and the loike...'specially as he can be banging Harry's burd on the sly...
BTW I know it's only a spoof...before someone points it out to me...I was only, er, continuing the, er, spoof...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back