sebadoh april 23 whelans (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 169
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 7
This was great. Pretty much what i expected. Three guys sort of at odds with each other playing loads of songs. All albums covered, that's always good.

"Any groupies? Not for them,they're married, I'm divorced"

classic

Too bad because I have :heart: Mr. Barlow for 15 years now.

lou-barlow-02-print.jpg

...if only. Such a GREAT show despite not hearing 2 of my favorites.

liked Gaffney comparing Lou's songs to Mcdonalds and his own to Burger King..hehe
great gig. Would've preferred more Jason though...Gaffney seemed to get a lot of songs to do??

liked Gaffney comparing Lou's songs to Mcdonalds and his own to Burger King..hehe
great gig. Would've preferred more Jason though...Gaffney seemed to get a lot of songs to do??

I'd be pretty sure that Gaffney would have insisted on playing a fair whack of his songs (pity he didn't play Violet Execution), otherwise he'd just be playing the second fiddle with his drumsticks. He's lucky to have a rhythm section as tight as Lowenstein and Barlow to back him up.

I'd be pretty sure that Gaffney would have insisted on playing a fair whack of his songs (pity he didn't play Violet Execution), otherwise he'd just be playing the second fiddle with his drumsticks. He's lucky to have a rhythm section as tight as Lowenstein and Barlow to back him up.

true dat. lowestein is some drummer!

That was great! My ears are ringing again and I like it.

I didn't think it was all that loud. I even took my earplugs out early on. Was deadly though.

Also, all you folks that have been saying nice things about Bats over the past year or so while I've somehow managed to not be at any gigs they've played. Spot on.

Preferred Gaffney's songs to Lowenstein's TBH. Never knew Lou only put 4 strings on his acoustic guitar. But I'm not all that well versed in them.

Also, all you folks that have been saying nice things about Bats over the past year or so while I've somehow managed to not be at any gigs they've played. Spot on.

me too, heard loads about bats but had never see them. liked them loads.

for bats it was like there was a metal band on the right hand side of the stage and a hardcore band on the left hand side. really enjoyed them.

there was a healthy dose of mental illness on stage for sebadoh which in itself was very entertaining. we christened lou's acoustic guitar "the guitardis" due to the infintely entertaining noises coming out of it.

jason is my new favourite.

Preferred Gaffney's songs to Lowenstein's TBH. Never knew Lou only put 4 strings on his acoustic guitar. But I'm not all that well versed in them.
yeh we wondered about the 4 string acoustic also - jays he was wringing some great sounds out of it - sounded brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back