sebadoh april 23 whelans (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 169
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 7
for those of you who've used Wav for booking tickets, whats the story with picking them up? they at Whelan's box office or the Wav one next door? I booked ages ago but got no ref number or anything - have nightmare vision of no tix when i get there!!
Yer wan on the Wav phone wasn't v helpful - said "savage" a lot. Does this mean anything?

Your mobile phone number should be your reference number. If you get there before it closes at 8 you can go into Wav and pick them up at the office, otherwise they'll be at the door waiting for you. If you do the latter they'll just assume that you are who say you are and not ask for a reference.

That they weren't going to play here! I still might go since I have the plane ticket and time off too. I just might end up sleeping on a park bench.

yea true. there was me thinking it would be a one-off. in the end i decided on heading to ATP to see them instead. still would love to see them do Bubble & Scrape though.

In my head they are going to play an hour long set at ATP and then a completely different hour long set at Primavera.
All of III and Bubble & Scrape.

And they're not going to clash with anyone else good on any other stages.

That's the way it's gonna play, Wheels.
HEAR ME?

I can't afford to drink at this but I'm not missing it, even if they are playing at Primavera

Your mobile phone number should be your reference number. If you get there before it closes at 8 you can go into Wav and pick them up at the office, otherwise they'll be at the door waiting for you. If you do the latter they'll just assume that you are who say you are and not ask for a reference.

Cool, thanks!

Really rather good, apart from a fire alarm going off for ages. How many fucking albums have they had? I know quite a bit of their stuff but I didn't know half the set. They played my favourite song though.

the crowd were very fuckin weird though!
the cast of Singles were right up the front and most other people stayed towards the back, possibly chin-stroking but they were in the shadows so i couldnt be sure!
at one point jason half jokingly asked if the crowd actually liked sebadoh!

a little less gaffney and alot more lowenstein would have been great but it was still deadly! and they played beauty of the ride and on fire for me! .|..|

thanks gugai for bringing them to galway!

hope youre feeling alright today scientician :p

Thought it was pretty great too. Most of the stuff covered was pre-Bakesale which was what I was hoping for. Great to see Eric Gaffney back.

This was ace. They got through a serious amount of tunes and did most of them pretty well. Gaffney didn't seem to through himself into his material as much as the other too but I enjoyed his tunes all the same. The encore was particularly good. Also, Jason = savage drummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back