Scratch Disk Error in Photoshop (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
I'm getting this error and it means I can't open Photoshop. Anyone know what it is and means? And how do I fix it?

AAA Golden Maverick said:
I'm getting this error and it means I can't open Photoshop. Anyone know what it is and means? And how do I fix it?

the scratch disk holds a copy of every change you have made in a picture.
see if you can a find folder called scratch disk or check out the photoshop website suport pages. i would imagine you need to delete the scratch disc to get photoshop working again.

das funkinstein said:
see if you can a find folder called scratch disk or check out the photoshop website suport pages. i would imagine you need to delete the scratch disc to get photoshop working again.
You can increase the amount of memory Photoshop uses if you go:
Edit > Preferences > Memory & Image Cache

Or, much better, clear your clipboard:
Edit > Purge > Clipboard

das funkinstein said:

need a bigger scratch disk - although very odd that the error is happening when pshop is being opened. I used to get it when trying to open a file on shit computers in college. back in the day.

i usually get this when i've filled up my main disk with loads of usless shit (ie - have less than 100 megs of space on it)
see how much diskspace you have at the moment and delete shit

andrew

There was definitely something bogey happening. This message was appearing when I opened the Photoshop programme.

So anyway... uninstalled it.

Has anyone ever used Photoshop for romantic purposes?

broken arm said:
you mean, like, sex?

Well, maybe.

Close_to_the_heart.jpg

This from the Home Publishing Forum;

"Easy fix for anyone else pulling their hair out. Fire up Photoshop and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT while it's loading. It will ask you if you want to delete the settings folder. Click YES and voila! Photoshop is back to its old self again. I believe this is covered in the Readme file, and a FAQ."

This works every time, though I don't understand why- the Photoshop
equivalent of thumping the side of the tv

As far as I'm aware, the scratch disk is just whatever disk you've chosen to store your material on.. NOT the photoshop software itself. This error pops up most often when people have a firewire hard-drive (like a Lacie or something) which they unplug but leave set as the default scratch disk.

Other than that.. no idea!

Music is Life! said:
Has anyone ever used Photoshop for romantic purposes?

You mean like finding a photo on the internet of a really hot girl with her arm around her boyfriend and photoshopping your own face over his? Then carrying it round in your wallet to pretend that really hot girl is your real life girlfriend?

Is that what you're getting at?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back