• Thread starter roxy
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

roxy

Website
Visit site
"I bumped into my ex-wife recently. I didn't recognise her with her wrists closed." - Woody Allen.

Something recently got me thinking about this - how many scars do you have, are they mad lookin, and how did you get them? Perfect chance for all you self-harmers to open up. Metaphorically.

I have one on my left shin. I was about 8 or so, messing around on some metal structure thing while my brother played a football match. Did a tumble around one of the bars (I used be a real monkey-type kid) and swung my shin straight into another bar with trememdous force and speed. Holy jaysus, the pain. :eek: By the time I found my mam, I couldn't even cry coz it was so excrutiating.

So now I have this circle of real flat, vaguely lilac-coloured shiny skin on my shin, about the size of a 1c piece.

And of course, the obligatory, and highly attractive, scar-trinity of Measles Mumps Rubella that most Irish kids received.

I'm such a wimp - anyone have any real scars?

I have a four inch scar just below the ribs on the right hand side. Was born with a tumour that had almost closed the point where the oesophagus joins the stomach. Had about two days to live before they realised what it was and operated.
It's a decent sized scar now but what it must have looked like on a week old baby.....:eek:

I have a scar on the back of my head and a scar on the side near ear that when I have a skinhead it looks like the Star Trek symbol, I tell people that it is and I got it cut in specially.

I also have other scars here and there over the body but to me only head scars count unless its an alligator bite scar on the torso.

JANER said:
I have a scar on the back of my head and a scar on the side near ear that when I have a skinhead it looks like the Star Trek symbol, I tell people that it is and I got it cut in specially.

I also have other scars here and there over the body but to me only head scars count unless its an alligator bite scar on the torso.

But do head scars count if you got them by banging your head off a door whilst pissed or falling out of bed?

Surely the alligator bite rule applies to head scars too.

Blofeld's droopy eye scar in the James Bond movies is cool but it wouldn't be cool if he got it by being whacked by a golf club while playing pitch 'n putt as a kid, would it?

i've one on my forehead. when i was two years old, i fell down a flight of stairs, and went through a glass window. my skull broke open, and the doctors spent twelve hours picking bits of glass out of my brain. which may explain the way i am now. heh.

i've got one on my knee from hitting it off a rock while swimming, and one on my foot because i was born with my foot twisted at a funny angle and they had to operate on it to get it straight. i've one on my arm as well which is probably the biggest.

the palm of my right hand is all scarred from when i put an iron on it when i was about 2. lots of time in hospital (good memories actually), skin grafts, a full length cast, lots of having to sleep with my arm elevated.

ilovehoovering said:
the palm of my right hand is all scarred from when i put an iron on it when i was about 2. lots of time in hospital (good memories actually), skin grafts, a full length cast, lots of having to sleep with my arm elevated.

i remember you actually.
kept waving to you.

one on my knee from falling on an unturned piece of metal when i was a kid..kinda boring really. was pickin little pieces of gravel out of it for days tho. good times.

I've one that goes across my eyebrow from falling down some stairs at a party after Dalek. Jaysus, they're great. I thought I'd look like yer man from Boyzone with his stupid shaved eyebrow but it's not very noticable at all with fair eyebrows. I've a really ugly cigarette burn on my forearm too. No shark bites unfortunately.

Super Dexta said:
one on my foot because i was born with my foot twisted at a funny angle and they had to operate on it to get it straight. i

talipes? my little brother was born with it too, in both feet. had to be operated on when he was a few weeks old.

A fine collection on both knees as a result of skateboarding in my youth.
Across left eyebrow: Keeled over out-cold after a heavy night, luckily the saddle of a door broke my fall. A foot further and it would have been soft carpet. Sigh
Below bottom lip: hurled against shower rail by murderous sibling, aged 5.
Recent one on side of right index finger, after slicing it open on that plastic cutter thing on a roll of clingfilm. I am smart.
I have one vaccination scar, and it's on my left hip, because that's where you get them in civilised countries.

I used to have one on my willy but it went a while back, so not really a scar. It lasted about ten years though.
I also have one one my left bicep/ armchub where my 'friend' greg stabbed me with a pen and then dragged it for a few inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back