SARAH PALIN APPRECIATION THREAD (1 Viewer)

Whoa snaky! There's a big difference between "convince" and "impose"

Are you talking about the difference between militarily imposing your opinions/religion/ethos, and convincing people to your side through politics, dialogue and rhetoric? I accept that there's a difference, sure, and that one is worse than the other. And I know that the religious right in the US, for the most part, supports the war in Iraq for example. But I wasn't really talking about that. I was talking about discourse within the US, politics and issues.

In Alaska they have actual real live dangerous (and edible) wild animals up there, so guns seems like a good idea. I'd imagine lots of Alaskans live in small, tight-knit and fairly self-sufficient communities, so the idea of some outsider coming in to teach their kids about sex would probably seem pretty weird. Also her views on abortion and religion are pretty normal by Irish standards

Just cos she doesn't agree with you doesn't make her a bitch or a wacko. She may be both, but it's too early to tell ... obviously I'll be delighted if her and McCain lose, and I'm defending her mostly out of contrariness, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong

good stuff. right on.

allurbases.jpg

Wow, this thread has recovered dramatically of late. I'm sure we're all going to learn a lot more about this lady in the next few weeks, and she's certainly swung a lot of focus onto the right rather quickly. The big question being whether she can influence the much coveted 'Hillary crowd', which a lot of analysts doubt she will. The Republicans are taking a bit of a gamble with someone so inexperienced and unknown are they not?

Wow, this thread has recovered dramatically of late. I'm sure we're all going to learn a lot more about this lady in the next few weeks, and she's certainly swung a lot of focus onto the right rather quickly. The big question being whether she can influence the much coveted 'Hillary crowd', which a lot of analysts doubt she will. The Republicans are taking a bit of a gamble with someone so inexperienced and unknown are they not?

I really don't think that she was picked to pick up the Hilary crowd, policy wise she's the anti-Hilary. Stories I've read in the past 2 days seem to indicate that she was picked to appeal to the conservative base (she's pro-gun, pro-life, pro-creationism) which would have thrown a fit if McCain had picked his favoured (Jewish, ex-Democrat) choice, Lieberman.

I really don't think that she was picked to pick up the Hilary crowd, policy wise she's the anti-Hilary. Stories I've read in the past 2 days seem to indicate that she was picked to appeal to the conservative base (she's pro-gun, pro-life, pro-creationism) which would have thrown a fit if McCain had picked his favoured (Jewish, ex-Democrat) choice, Lieberman.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest she was, I was merely considering that she might just pick up a few more voters for McCain in that respect, the 'glass roofers'. I think the Democrats will manage to steer the Clinton voters back to the ranch, but every story in the press now is passing through a prism. The Republicans are already using the stories about her family to try win her empathy from middle America.

The big question being whether she can influence the much coveted 'Hillary crowd'

you know whats more sexist then this thread

the GOP thinking that 'IF THEY LIKE ONE WOMAN, THEN THEY'LL LIKE ANY WOMEN'

I'm all for seeing Palin out for her own abilites and points of view, but it's a total joke that The Republicans (not McCain, he barely met the women) staged this stunt hours after Obama's speech effectively whitewashing him off the front pages and sky news FYI

Heard a bit of her speech on the news this morning, an Juliani's too. Hiliarous stuff. It was like a scene from the simpsons, having a go at Obama for being brainy. US politics is fucked up.

oh ho ho, check this out, republican commentators' conversation about Sarah Palin caught on tape

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDBW0SbDxPo&feature=related"]YouTube - Re: Noonan and Murphy on Palin (Now with Subtitles!)[/ame]

Not just militarily - also legally. Abortion being illegal in Ireland, for example, or contraception being illegal until fairly recently.

Well, I'm not going to get into a debate over abortion because, quite simply, I actually have to do some work today. Suffice to say that I take your point.

Brainy/uppity:

from Shakesville by Mustang Bobby
Finally a Republican says what they really think of Barack Obama:
Georgia Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland used the racially-tinged term "uppity" to describe Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama Thursday.

Westmoreland was discussing vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's speech with reporters outside the House chamber and was asked to compare her with Michelle Obama.

"Just from what little I’ve seen of her and Mr. Obama, Sen. Obama, they're a member of an elitist-class individual that thinks that they're uppity," Westmoreland said.

Asked to clarify that he used the word “uppity,” Westmoreland said, “Uppity, yeah.”​
Well, at least he didn't call him "boy."

Ah, the Daily Show:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/sitewid...e.com/reader/view/?hl=en&source=en-mmm&geo=IE

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back