Saddam pleads not guilty (1 Viewer)

i dont see why saddam should be executed and george bush(jr. and senior) tony blair and every other western leader, who gave him chemical weapons and millitary training, juring the iran/iraq war aren't. just because american forces overthrew his gpvernment doesn't excuse their war crimes.

I'm very interested in this. Thing is, they are trying Saddam based on the evidence of a massacre commited 23 years ago. Whilst it is obvious he sanctioned the massacre, it is entirely possible that the jury may be too scared to find him guilty, given that most of the court is actually too scared to appear on TV. The reason they are trying Saddam on this evidence is because they believe it is the easiest crime to link, him to, but linking someone to something that happened 23 years ago is never going to be that easy. If he gets off on this, they will have to fall back to other crimes which will be even harder to prove, and lets not forget Saddam has extremely good law training himself too. So what I like to ask is, what happens if Saddam is not convicted on the main crime, and is subsequently not convicted on the other crimes too? What do they do with him then, let him go free?
Although it would be blatantly bullshit, Saddam getting off on these charges would be an amazingly interesting thing to see just to see what the Americans and the new Iraqi administration would do.

Sure he could be innocent really for all ye know!

I dont think he will get off on it to be honest. It'll not be let happen. Theres no way in hell America will let him be a free man!

Cormcolash said:
So what I like to ask is, what happens if Saddam is not convicted on the main crime, and is subsequently not convicted on the other crimes too? What do they do with him then, let him go free?
Although it would be blatantly bullshit, Saddam getting off on these charges would be an amazingly interesting thing to see just to see what the Americans and the new Iraqi administration would do.

if he's not convicted, the americans will have him assasinated. he's basically a dead man walking, regardless of the trial.

who cares? he's a fucking scumbag. whatever happens to him wont make a lick of difference to the plight of the world. face it.
if anyone is expecting anything other than hypocrisy from the american puppet courts and administrations then they need their heads examined. and if you fixate on this and get worked up about it then you're just buying into the idea that any of it matters.
justice served to a former oppressor by the new oppressor is not satisfactory justice.
bullshit upon bullshit. says i

Cormcolash said:
Whilst it is obvious he sanctioned the massacre, it is entirely possible that the jury may be too scared to find him guilty, given that most of the court is actually too scared to appear on TV. .

I haven't looked clsoely at the formation of the Court, but given that it is a hybrid court, comprising an amalgam of domestic and international law in the same manner as the Sierra Leone Special Court, it is highly unlikely that there is a jury. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back