sabbath (3 Viewers)

The sabbath was classic. Highlights:

• The relaxed atmosphere during Goodtime John, with people sitting on the floor with the sound brillant and just loud enough. It was like the middle of a party with everyone sitting around just.. listening.

• Copro's Iron Man.

• TRM's Iron man.

• No offence to the other two doing sound, but the moment Graham took over.

How much was raised?

Worst Moment:
Smell of burning during the redneck manifesto. I found out later the sleeve of my hoody had spontaniously combusted for some reason.

Also, I really picked a bad day to test myself and remain sober, still I had a really good time.

Originally posted by Dan
Worst Moment:
Smell of burning during the redneck manifesto. I found out later the sleeve of my hoody had spontaniously combusted for some reason.

Also, I really picked a bad day to test myself and remain sober, still I had a really good time.

Dan, what is it with you and destroying your clothes at these things? :)

Originally posted by rumpus
Seeing NPBs guitarist fall over and not miss a beat!

My drums.
My precious antique drums.
Aww, look what'ch've done to 'em.

what a deadly day.

best bits: the jimmy cake, drinking in the sunshine between bands, tim playing the theme from diff'rent strokes, seeing everyone having fun, not getting home till nearly 7am.

worst bits: missing large mound, not getting home till nearly 7 am.

Nice to meet you snakybus, sorry about your amp. If i'd have known the rednecks were going to show up with their whole backline (even a day before) it would have saved me two trips into town with my 4x12 and head, both of which ended up making sure the side wall in whelans didn't fall down.
and I didn't even get to use it because I didn't want to be a stage-reorganising prick. Not saying trm are pricks or anything bu' but if ida known like, I woulda left it at home.

we would just like to say a huge thanks to everyone for coming along, for buying raffle tickets and for having a good time. to all the bands for playing and to anyone who gave us stuff for the raffle. things couldn't have gone smoother on the day. we managed to raise €6337, which far exceeded any expectations, so thanks a million, steve&cat.

Originally posted by treelo
what a deadly day.

best bits: the jimmy cake, drinking in the sunshine between bands, tim playing the theme from diff'rent strokes, seeing everyone having fun, not getting home till nearly 7am.

worst bits: missing large mound, not getting home till nearly 7 am.

diff'rent strokes! i completely forgot! that was great! and i was singing along!

Hi Anthony, good to meet you too, and the amp is grand. I think it appreciated the exercise.

I was sad on Monday after the whole thing was over. Like when I was a kid and went to see Return of the Jedi and was sad the next day because I wanted to be back in the film.

I remember Tim playing Diff'rent Strokes....and Living on a Prayer, and Rumpus playing Neil Young.....and the superhero discussion.

I think playing the Sabbath covers was great fun. We should have another gig where all the bands have to do a cover of someone or in a certain theme.

around the time of the kids 80s night silo had the idea that they do another one with a knacker rave theme. everyone in shell suits and the girls have to wear da hoops.

now that would be interesting.

around the time of the kids 80s night that they do another one with a knacker rave theme. everyone in shell suits and the girls have to wear da hoops.

But they're still wearing da hoops. I think it's a status thing - the bigger the hoop, the more people da burd has slept with, or maybe the more children she's had...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back