sabbath (1 Viewer)

that was bloody great.

i haven't enjoyed myself that much since i dunno what.

and the mini thumped disco we had during the cake set.

hopper you owe me a pint.

kudos to all concerned.

.|..| .|..| .|..|

twas a great day/night :p

13 hours of madness..
whens the next one ?!?
i suggest an outdoors one, what do yall think ?

the only bad thing was my oh so foolish decision to wear sandals - my poor toes recieved many stampings and beer drenchings :(

well done to all the bands and to steve and cat

Massive crack altogether. Great fun.

Throughout yesterday stuff was coming back to me. Like "oh yeah, I was talking to Herv and Silo" and "hmm, was that a devil sign the guy with the accordion in the Jimmy Cake was doing?" It was all pretty hazy at that point. I think the surest sign of my drunkenness was saying to Hopper "You don't look like your photo" and him saying "Did you expect me to look like a cat?"

we're going to have to have a thumped disco now. did anyone stick around for savage banter? i just remember singing at the top of my voice to raspberry beret. and then doing a guitar solo where there was supposed to be a sax solo in some other song.

how embarrassing.

I great day. I never laughed quite so many....and the music was sooo good. I remember upsatris, Ian/1984 - you asked me why I had just used to word "cohesive".....and I didn't know...so I had to bullshit ... jesus I was talking shite. Well done to everyone - a day of music to be rememebred.

Highlights:

Gameboy genius a la richie and herv.

Seeing NPBs guitarist fall over and not miss a beat!

The Dudleys, ooooh yes.

The Jimmy Cake, who I hadn't seen live before and was completely overwhelmed by.

A guy I live with said to me something like "I heard something about two gayboys jamming on stage after you". Gameboys, man, not gayboys.

I also loved the Dudleys and the Jimmies and the Redneckies and the Goodtimies. And Herv, you and Richie Egan were magnificent. There is no other word.

ah thanks, sure it was a bit of a laugh. we're going to be doing more of that in the near future anyway. the best was when we were out of the back of whelans at about half one that afternoon practising and 2 young chaps came up and went "i didn' think lads your age would be into pokemon..." and then promptly tried to nick money out of my jacket pocket.

:)

but best for me were the jimmies, goodtime john, the rednecks: pretty much everyone was great. i missed npb and large mound though due to a customer survey thing i was doing, but as far as i saw everything was fucking excellent. and the fact that it was all in sunlight just made it lovely. sitting on the floor with a pint during paul o'reilly's set when everyone had popped out for tea.

ahhh, herv, you big bundle of gay emotions.

wasn't the whole thing swell? yes. yes it was.

anyhoo, drop me a line there hervert cos i needs to get some info to you-know-who. eh??? ehhhhhhhhhhhh???

Originally posted by snakybus
Massive crack altogether. Great fun.

Throughout yesterday stuff was coming back to me. Like "oh yeah, I was talking to Herv and Silo" and "hmm, was that a devil sign the guy with the accordion in the Jimmy Cake was doing?" It was all pretty hazy at that point. I think the surest sign of my drunkenness was saying to Hopper "You don't look like your photo" and him saying "Did you expect me to look like a cat?"

:D :D :D

I forgot about that, tee hee! you think you were drunk snakey, I was in some knot meself!

Anyway, an absolutely kicking gig, words can't describe...

and Herv + Richie = Gameboy Genius, that was definitely one of the highlights, its a pity more people weren't there to see that. .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back