Running? (2 Viewers)

I got prescription orthotics that cost a bundle, but they've saved me a lot of money on trips to the physio, and I don't have to replace my running shoes as often as I used to.

I have these, which my fella lovingly calls my 'cripple pads'.

I'm supposed to do a 30km run tomorrow morning. Training for a marathon. Horrible.
big bowl of boring pasta for carbs tonight.
Vasaline all over my nipples so they don't bleed from the friction. Vasaline in other areas to prevent chaffing. Ipod nano strapped to my arm pumping out a 2 hour Jeff Mills set ffor motivation (that's the best bit). Water bottle strapped around my waist. A bum-bag full of carb gels and $20 emergency taxi money. I probably look like a total mentaliser.

Oh yeah, I went to The Athletes foot and they have you run across a sensor floor. It measures how you run. Pressure points, whether you lean inwards, outwards etc. Then they offer you the best shoe for you. The shoes costs ONE MILLION DOLLARS but I reckon it's worth it if you're gonna do a good bit of running.

I've been Mary Chafin' Carpenter all week too.

Hey scutter do you wear the full on dayglo lyrca shorts and cycling tops during your commute cycles?

I'm having lots of problems of this nature this week. I think its the heat.

Yeah, other people suggest using elastoplasts instead. Less messy I suppose. Doesn't work for me though, what with the hairyness. Similar feeling to having your gee waxed I'd say.

I've ruined this otherwise innocuous thread, haven't I?

no, these things are important. Anyone serious about their running would be keen to get whatever advantage they can, no matter how small. The nanoseconds one would gain by not carrying the excess weight of pubic hair could be the nanoseconds that make all the difference.

people need to see the bigger picture.

I'm supposed to do a 30km run tomorrow morning. Training for a marathon. Horrible.
big bowl of boring pasta for carbs tonight.
Vasaline all over my nipples so they don't bleed from the friction. Vasaline in other areas to prevent chaffing. Ipod nano strapped to my arm pumping out a 2 hour Jeff Mills set ffor motivation (that's the best bit). Water bottle strapped around my waist. A bum-bag full of carb gels and $20 emergency taxi money. I probably look like a total mentaliser.

i'm picturing buzz-lightyear in a wife beater..:)

i find jeff mills good for running too. especially 'live in the liquid room'

just sprained my ankle bad though so i'm watching everyone in the sun from my room, Rear Window style, going slowly insane

nobody can hide from the doppler effect

MMMMMmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!

Great thread btw... I thought I was going to have to start one; I'm trying to get going on the running front and getting lower back fatigue and cramps in the same calf... I imagine it's stretches for the latter but it's prolly a posture issue really....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back