Running? (1 Viewer)

I imagine it's stretches for the latter but it's prolly a posture issue really....

who's polly the prostitue?

yeah stretching is crucial.

also if you're doing long distances it's worth considering taking glucosamine supplements to strengthen your knees.

And like your balls, once your arches drop, there's no going back. One of my feet is almost totally flat, and it caused so many different problems over the years. I got prescription orthotics that cost a bundle, but they've saved me a lot of money on trips to the physio, and I don't have to replace my running shoes as often as I used to.

who do you go to see if you think you have gammy feet? (ie collapsed arches)

who do you go to see if you think you have gammy feet? (ie collapsed arches)

the physio. A good physio will be trained to gauge how good or otherwise your posture is. They will also be able to measure and fit you for orthodics. There are a couple of ways they can do this. The first, not very scientific way, is to take a molding of your foot and use that. The second, and best way (and you should really check with the physio that they have one of these yokes), is a pressure mat. You walk over it, stand on it, walk backwards on it, and its sensors build up an image of your foot's dynamics. This is the most accurate way, so is a must really. The mats are small little things, so the physio should have no excuse not to have one.

ask about it when you're getting the shoulder checked

The first, not very scientific way, is to take a molding of your foot and use that. The second, and best way (and you should really check with the physio that they have one of these yokes), is a pressure mat. You walk over it, stand on it, walk backwards on it, and its sensors build up an image of your foot's dynamics. This is the most accurate way, so is a must really. The mats are small little things, so the physio should have no excuse not to have one.

My first set of orthotics was made with yer wan lying on the floor measuring the angles of my arches with a protractor!

This may be why my legs are still bandy.

I went for a run last night a half hour after dinner and nearly threw it all up towards the end. I must give myself an hour next time.

Anyone ever vomit during exercise?

i know someone who plays rugby, and he was telling me that at the first training session back after summer, if you don't puke, you're not trying hard enough.

and i have puked, near where edmondstown road meets cruagh road.

Had a nasty chest these last couple of days.

I puked when I got home yesterday and also Wednesday. It's more an indication of my unfitness than my dedication though.

i know someone who plays rugby, and he was telling me that at the first training session back after summer, if you don't puke, you're not trying hard enough.

and i have puked, near where edmondstown road meets cruagh road.

back in my gah days I used to never eat after 1pm on days where I had training that evening making sure I had nothing to puke out of me. Not good for the energy levels, but hey, saving face was far more important!

Vasaline all over my nipples so they don't bleed from the friction. Vasaline in other areas to prevent chaffing.

no, these things are important. Anyone serious about their running would be keen to get whatever advantage they can, no matter how small. The nanoseconds one would gain by not carrying the excess weight of pubic hair could be the nanoseconds that make all the difference.

people need to see the bigger picture.

I went for a run last night a half hour after dinner and nearly threw it all up towards the end. I must give myself an hour next time.

Anyone ever vomit during exercise?

lately ive been thinking about experimenting with jogging in order to improve my general fitness levels however this thread has given me serious misgivings about the idea. how should i approach it? i never do any excercise so will be easily discouraged by hardship. should i just get a pair of runners and try a few short runs? do you do your stretches before or afterwards? how do you know how fast to run? what about the cold and rain - will you be grand if your running and not catch a chill?

of course i'll need to get suitably kitted out in the latest sports styles too but we can discuss that later

lately ive been thinking about experimenting with jogging in order to improve my general fitness levels however this thread has given me serious misgivings about the idea. how should i approach it? i never do any excercise so will be easily discouraged by hardship. should i just get a pair of runners and try a few short runs? do you do your stretches before or afterwards? how do you know how fast to run? what about the cold and rain - will you be grand if your running and not catch a chill?

of course i'll need to get suitably kitted out in the latest sports styles too but we can discuss that later

just take up swimming.

we can go after our bridge class

This thread would've been much better if it ended with Lefty Frizzells open question to me, oh well..

Dunno much about jogging specifically but:
Get a real good pair of runners

Ideally, you should do stretches before and afterwards. Doing them afterwards is prob more important. Beforehand you should warm up, so that would mean some light jogging, fast walking, swinging your arms, jumping around, shit like that. Just so you feel loose and ready to go like. Stretching them tired muscles afterwards is far more important and beneficial I find.

As for how fast to run, you could get a heart rate monitor. Then, through some internetting you can research heart rate levels and see where to go from there. There's not that much to it. Heart rate is a pretty good basis to work off. It's probably better than trying to do x amount of miles in y amount of time.
But really, you'll know yourself. You're only jogging, you should enjoy it, it's not supposed to be a hardship. best o luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back