Running amok. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
I've honestly never met one of these people

Ah Jazes man.I wanna start mixing in your circles.I know a good few people doing the whole vegetarian/organic third reich with their chislers which is just wrong.

I don't know about it being cheaper to feed your children rubbish. Feeding them well may take a little more time and thought, but it doesn't have to be more expensive. A lot of convenience food is pretty expensive if you're feeding a family on it.
it's down to a lack of knowledge really, and the fact that if you pick up a white sliced pan in Tesco it's often cheaper than getting multi-grain bread etc. And if you don't know about nutrition, then you'll just buy what your mum or dad bought, or whatever the kids will eat.

edit: why are people so down on Jamie Oliver?

You think its expensive now...wait till they start looking for money for smokes!

We let the kids have chips and whatnot, the kids love 'em!

so do I, mmmm chips

Going to McDonald's or whatever is grand, you wouldn't want to be doing it too often, though.

We tend to avoid the whole sweets thing for the sake of sanity - sugar is like speed for them and often ends in tears. But if they help to make it themselves, like rice crispie buns or whatever, then they get to eat 'em too

it's down to a lack of knowledge really, and the fact that if you pick up a white sliced pan in Tesco it's often cheaper than getting multi-grain bread etc. And if you don't know about nutrition, then you'll just buy what your mum or dad bought, or whatever the kids will eat.

True, I guess I was thinking more about general terms though. My sister and sister-in-law weaned their children on some of what they were eating, pureed vegetables (whole veggies when they had teeth) and things like that, so they love veg. My four-year old niece steals broccoli off anyone who's not carefully watching their plate at dinner :)

But chipper food isn't cheap, nor is pizza, and yet many families seem to feed their children on little else.

Everyone thinks he's a prick.
He's neither a prick nor a nourishment nazi, he just cares about food. I'm on your daughter's side, dude - I'm used to good food at home, and so have no interest in eating the shit available in McDonald's

gazzer said:
I know a good few people doing the whole vegetarian/organic third reich with their chislers which is just wrong.
I really don't know whether to believe you - do you really know any children over the age of 3 who have never tasted chocolate or biscuits? The balance is enormously skewed the other way, and the imaginary food-nazi parent is a myth to make us feel good about feeding our own kids junk

I'm used to good food at home, and so have no interest in eating the shit available in McDonald's
Haha
I sound like a food nazi myself now don't I
I haven't eaten in McDonald's since I was a teen, and I didn't like it even then. As far as I remember, the chips are too dry and too salty, and the burgers have too little meat and taste sour. Fuck that

I really don't know whether to believe you - do you really know any children over the age of 3 who have never tasted chocolate or biscuits? The balance is enormously skewed the other way, and the imaginary food-nazi parent is a myth to make us feel good about feeding our own kids junk

It's true I tells you.Obviously discretion forbids me from fingering anyone,but it happens man.

And I'll say no more about Master Oliver.Except to say he is revered,god like in my house.And it gives me the hump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back