Roller/Sparkers & Hotpress.com (1 Viewer)

DontMugYourself

Website
Visit site
What up with their thing on the Hotpress.com (Irelands musical bible :) )

Its got a big Nivea for men ad on their bit??

Whats that all about..I'm not being smart or saying it shouldnt be there I just want to know what it is all about,

Is Nivea for men their 'brand of choice' moisturiser??

!ironyyy

the page about irish independent music in hot press is sponsored by nivea for men. might have something to do with it.

(featuring celebrity endorsments! "it drives the chicks wild!" - richie egan. "it makes me feel so moisturised, yet still so manly!" - joss.)

(or maybe not.)

i know, an irish music magazine out every 2 weeks with over a hundred pages, with one page for irish independent music. funny that.

Originally posted by silo
i know, an irish music magazine out every 2 weeks with over a hundred pages, with one page for irish independent music. funny that.

I've heard their planning on scraping it too

also!

check out the front cover, bloke from Turn and the bloke from Woodstar look like fucking wrecked. Like two middle aged gack casualties.

Poor Frank (of the And Walters) just looks dazed.

The more I think about it, the more it seems independent music here gets about as much media support as me ma's coffee mornings.

stoopid feckin hotpress

stoopid life

stoopid world

poor Rumpus

he got his picture on the cover of Event Guide
then realised the mountain he was scaling just a molehill

its like that line about astronatus who go to space
and come back and realsie that their lives will never reach such peaks again
a lot of them go nutty apparantly

'people got remember not to peak to soon'

Originally posted by rumpus
The more I think about it, the more it seems independent music here gets about as much media support as me ma's coffee mornings.

stoopid feckin hotpress

stoopid life

stoopid world

fucks sake.

if you want fucking press go out and make for yer fucking self. oh hotpress won't give me enough exposure... fuck that.

1. ring up chris barry and complain about your band. get yer mates to ring in. get your mother to ring in, screaming.
2. stand around at dublin castle or the four courts and when ursella halligan arrives to do her live tv3 slot, run around behind her with a banner with yer band name on it.
3. break into phantom and take over the airwaves. see if anyone cares.
4. form a shite band with as many members as possible. play weird instruments.
5. become an evangelist.
6. such stephen robinsons cock in the george next weekend. you'll get loads of inches.

Originally posted by the pope
fucks sake.

if you want fucking press go out and make for yer fucking self. oh hotpress won't give me enough exposure... fuck that.

1. ring up chris barry and complain about your band. get yer mates to ring in. get your mother to ring in, screaming.
2. stand around at dublin castle or the four courts and when ursella halligan arrives to do her live tv3 slot, run around behind her with a banner with yer band name on it.
5. become an evangelist.
6. such stephen robinsons cock in the george next weekend. you'll get loads of inches.

You could just actually write some great tunes, and perform like Satan on fire. Dress pretty, charm young girls and fat chicks at the same time. Its that easy, stop moaning everybody.

Jeeeeeeeez! !bog

Originally posted by the pope
fucks sake.

5. become an evangelist.

Sorry I must disagree here:

1. They would ignore you (and your mum too...)
2. OK so your band name would be on tv and people wouldn't even know what the hell you're talking about
3. Contact Phantom FM and ask your album to be played, if it's good enough they will
4. You're probably right here, but only because the current scene is quite boring
5. ???
6. This might work..... you first ;)

How about working your ass off to get to have a kick ass band, build a solid fan base, fill up the venue every time you gig and give them some *story* to tell which differs from the usual "my band rocks, give me exposure"?

I bet they'll come to you and ASK you to be on their magazine: it's their jobs, if you are worthy, they'll write of you.

Stop moaning, who *deserves* exposure gets it. E.G. The Chalets, the Rednecks, etc.

And well you might ask.

No. we don't endorse Nivea products (- I'm a Dove man meself). The story is that the section in which the R/S interview appeared in the print version of Hot Press magazine is sponsored by "Nivea for Men".

I was really hoping the interviewer would ask what sort of people we were 'cos I was all ready to say "We're men who dare to care."

He didn't, though.

Originally posted by DontMugYourself
What up with their thing on the Hotpress.com (Irelands musical bible :) )

Its got a big Nivea for men ad on their bit??

Whats that all about..I'm not being smart or saying it shouldnt be there I just want to know what it is all about,

Is Nivea for men their 'brand of choice' moisturiser??

!ironyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back