Roddy Collins (1 Viewer)

Gas. What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I wasn't being entirely serious.
I went to a Bohs Rovers game a few years ago & saw Gino Brazil take a throw and it went back into touch without another player touching it. It always sticks in my mind...

LOI fans look like they live in Royston Vasey too.

it's not people watching the prem or champions league that means there's no one at loi games, it's all the fault of the gaa. come on, you all know it.

it's not people watching the prem or champions league that means there's no one at loi games, it's all the fault of the gaa. come on, you all know it.

It's watching telly in general. Get out and do something you lazy bastards!
Especially all of you who play in bands.

I'm making no claims for the LOI being some brilliant league, by the way. It just saddens me that we've allowed our (urban) culture of attending football matches die.
Watching football on TV is grand, it's fun, it's entertaining, but an entirely different pursuit.
It doesn't matter to people in, I dunno, Shrewsbury that the standard they watch is poor, it's just something they do. It's part of waht makes their town what it is. And we play football here, in huge numbers. It just doesn't translate into any support for our pro game anymore.
The standard doesn't matter.
And don't talk to me about "well we attend GAA matches", that's our culture. No we don't! We go to GAA occasions, a few times a year. And for anyone in Dublin, it's not really your culture anyway.

yeah,mfm said it better than i ever could.its not even the quality of football,just the athmosphere etc,far better watching a game in the flesh as opposed to on tv.
just seen what trev said-genius!

yeah,mfm said it better than i ever could.its not even the quality of football,just the athmosphere etc,far better watching a game in the flesh as opposed to on tv.
just seen what trev said-genius!

yeah i try to head home to limerick at weekends when limerick 37 are playing at home. throughout the season i head to the match with my dad, brother, newphews and friends. sure, the football can be very poor at times (especially 1st division) but its a social occassion as well and time spent with people i want to spend time with. now if i could just convince tyra banks to go.

yeah i try to head home to limerick at weekends when limerick 37 are playing at home. throughout the season i head to the match with my dad, brother, newphews and friends. sure, the football can be very poor at times (especially 1st division) but its a social occassion as well and time spent with people i want to spend time with. now if i could just convince tyra banks to go.

pfft,girls and football dont mix!

Man, I thought this thread would explode with righteous indignation from bedsit-dwelling mentalists.
Refreshing.

If anyone has a dvd/VHS copy of RTE's Roddy Collins At Carlisle doc. I'm prepared to pay handsomely for it...

cork v bohs on tg4 tonight for those of us who cant make it. cmon cork...keep the league lively!

Man, I thought this thread would explode with righteous indignation from bedsit-dwelling mentalists.
Refreshing.

If anyone has a dvd/VHS copy of RTE's Roddy Collins At Carlisle doc. I'm prepared to pay handsomely for it...

Arf. The kind of sad bastids who shout 'C'mon Irishtown!' at Shels games & fidget nervously at bus stops.

im still lost :confused:
but i will be up for cork for once tonight,ill have to put aside my hatred of them for my more intense hatred of the gypos.....who look like theyre fucked financially,pat fenlon does it again .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back