RFID Passports (1 Viewer)

did they have those new machines that let you see through everyones clothes? did they?

The new customs man:

X_ray_specs_on_jimbo.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Ray_Specs_(novelty)

I just got a new passport 3 days ago. Its all shiny and technologic.And now i'm plenty confused because i'm not at all sure why this is a bad thing and who is watching me as i type this.Whats the deelio yo?

im getting my new passport tomorrow.

on an unrelated note - i was in tescos in drumcondra there a while ago and i noticed that it was opened in 1998 by bertie ahern and tony blair! theres a picture of tony having a cup of tea in there. the coffee from the machine at the back is pretty nice.

Probably been asked before but do you need one of the new passports to get into the US? Mate has an old style one and we're headed over in october, will he need to get a new passport first?

Yup, you just need a machine readable passport. RFID isn't mandatory.
pass-1.jpg

That's a non-machine readable passport

pass-2.jpg

This is a machine readable passport. The letters at the bottom with all the '<<<'s is what to look out for.

If your mate doesn't have a machine readable passport then maybe he's from the 80s.

15 sconds in the microwave will fuck it up too.
Don't microwave it, put a thick piece of card over it, and hit it a slap with a ball pien hammer a few times if you want to kill it.

If you microwave it, it will scorch the paper / plastic around the chip when the chip bites the bullet, and they will notice this and it will invalidate your passport.

can you see these chips or where they are in the passport?
Yeah you can, it's sort of a slightly caved in bit on the top right hand corner of the thick plasticy page.
That's for the Irish ones, the US are a bit more tricky, but if you have a good look you can find it.

I have dual citizenship (Irish and Hong Kong).
When I got my Hong Kong citizenship I had to give them both of my thumb prints which I wasn't expecting. I was horrified. Still, I gave it to them. On the plus side there's no queue for passport checks when I arrive. I stick my card into a machine, scan my thumbprint and walk out. Plus they take your thumbprints to the states when you arrive too.

Two of the world's super powers have my prints on file.
Bastards!!!

Come to think of it Lala, do you have one of those HKID cards too?

yup. i was a bit freaked out when i had to submit my prints too. but i have to say that it's a breeze travelling to and from HK for me now (and im sure you find it the same)

you just put your ID card in, place your thumb on the thing, and you're through. no waiting in line for immigration bullshizzle.

but this thread has reminded me - i better check when my oirish passport is expiring - i dont like teh sound of these e-passports much.

i got me new passport there the other day and im no longer sure why these chip things are a concern. what can it store other than info thats already printed there anyway? i can defy their cold electronic eyes but theres nothing can be done if they decide to have a look with their human eyes...

i got me new passport there the other day and im no longer sure why these chip things are a concern. what can it store other than info thats already printed there anyway? i can defy their cold electronic eyes but theres nothing can be done if they decide to have a look with their human eyes...

first post of this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back