Registering .ie domain name (and a company) (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

How do you go about doing this?

You need to have already registered the name as a business?

I'm looking at the what you need HERE.

So i register the name say 'FEROX13' as a limited company which should supply me with my company registration number. The I should be good to go?

So I do that at
Companies Registration Office, Ireland

Does this look like the right price?

Cheers...

Registering a business name is not the same as forming a limited company.

There is quite a bit of administration involved when you are talking about a limited company. You can do it yourself but realistically you will be getting someone to do it (usually an accountant). It will cost a few hundred euros at least.

You should then budget for at least another few hundred euros a year (more like 1000) for having accounts prepared and filed.

It's a bit of a pain in the balls, you would want to be sure of a certain level of business before deciding to form a limited company and limited liability is grand but in reality the bank will look for a personal guarantee from you anyway before giving you a loan.

thanks man.

So to get a .IE I just need to register the company name and not set up a LTD company?

IEDR don't make stuff easy - they'll insist on paperwork if you're registering anything other than your own name.

I don't see why you need anything to do with a company or a business name to register a domain name. I would have thought it should be possible for an individual to register a domain name?

I t hink it's different for a .IE name - they want everyone owning one to be a resident here or something similar. So i think if you are using a company type name that you must have a business registered here. I think thats it any way.

I have a pile of .ies - you just need to write a letter with your address and contact details, explaining why you want the domain and what it'll be used for.

So when I registered beaut.ie I explained it was for a beauty blog and that the domain name would be an integral part of the site name. That was fine, no problem. Same deal for any other I've registered, I've just explained my reasons for wanting it and I've never had one denied.

I have a pile of .ies - you just need to write a letter with your address and contact details, explaining why you want the domain and what it'll be used for.

So when I registered beaut.ie I explained it was for a beauty blog and that the domain name would be an integral part of the site name. That was fine, no problem. Same deal for any other I've registered, I've just explained my reasons for wanting it and I've never had one denied.

+1 for this. I went through the same process and simply faxed in something stating why we wanted the domain name.

Cool stuff - I'll just fax them. Blacknight were looking for a business number if you got it thru them.

I need to get one done for a persons name too - i presume it would be easier if they contacted them.

Got it all sorted - thanks guys.

Even got my first junk mail too - I'm framing it :)

Inkmonkey2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back