redneck album (2 Viewers)

czar said:
not surprised, he's got a real delta blues/beck thing going on . . . still amazed that he passed most people in ireland by
huh? irish people dismiss local talent??? well i never...

hermie said:
i never said i didn't like the record which most people seem to be implying that i did.on the contrary.all i was saying is that i prefer the rawer sound aob gave them and that its a shame about the rock, or lack of it. I understand a band is like a shark and has to constantly keep moving forward or it dies (a la woody allen).and whateejit said who cares?correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this a discussion board?
and more to the point, it's a discussion board about indepedent irish music! yous should be ashamed of yourselves.

czar said:
lol!

actually . . . it's not funny because it's true!
really? well i never...
this country is full of n'er do wells, pricks, self-congratulators and chicken shit motherfuckers. except for limrock. i'll always have time for limrock.

i haven't been much into TRM since they started releasing stuff on CD. i always bore people with this when the subject comes up, but i totally think they benefit from the bit of the hiss and the crackle; CD is too clinical and sterile for their sound, or something. i'm not even a huge fan of vinyl usually or anything.

zzz. has anyone's online time overtaken mine yet? college has totally taken over my life in the last week.

I`m really looking forward to hearing this album - especially after reading this thread!
An Irish album thats got ye all up in a fluster!Sounds like a success already!!!

hag said:
really? well i never...
this country is full of n'er do wells, pricks, self-congratulators and chicken shit motherfuckers. except for limrock. i'll always have time for limrock.
Limrock has alot goin for itself alright.

Finally heard the album in work today and i'm well impressed. I'm very impressed by Odlum's production. The best production of his that i've heard by a long shot. The music is great to and it's cool to see them go in a less obvious direction than i thought they would. That boy Egan is churning out the hits this year!

Wheels said:
That's one of the best things I've seen in ages. .|..|
it looks like a cross between something del 9 would do and the franz ferdinand video for 'take me out'... yes, that's what it looks like. it's real purty.

Rimbaud said:
I`m really looking forward to hearing this album - especially after reading this thread!
An Irish album thats got ye all up in a fluster!Sounds like a success already!!!
Totally! what artist could want more than to provoke such strong and diverse opinions? Although i hate the idea that i probably started this bitchfest.i really do like the album.increasingly in fact.i think my original point is still valid though.

hermie said:
Totally! what artist could want more than to provoke such strong and diverse opinions? Although i hate the idea that i probably started this bitchfest.i really do like the album.increasingly in fact.i think my original point is still valid though.
look, i think you've said enough already...

hermie said:
Hey its not a bitchfest at all. Its cool to hear what people think about the Rednecks album .... people ARE allowed not to like things and anyway there's been far more positive than negative comments. I'm looking forward to hearing it too now ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back