redneck album (4 Viewers)

If you look it up in Road's online catalogue it says that its €17.50

Stonie McHash said:
Mr Wheels, do you live with Mr. O Connor?

ahhhhh hah hah ha ha. brilliant. yes, mr wheels commentary on the rednecks new sonic innovations did stink a little of 'my pal neil is cool ok!?'. ;)

here's wheels address:

neil o connors shadow,
TRM
dublin 3.

i'm going to get such a kick in the knee when he sees me next

frambosenshmak said:
ahhhhh hah hah ha ha. brilliant. yes, mr wheels commentary on the rednecks new sonic innovations did stink a little of 'my pal neil is cool ok!?'. ;)

here's wheels address:

neil o connors shadow,
TRM
dublin 3.

i'm going to get such a kick in the knee when he sees me next
Not at all, Mr. O Connor is a good friend of mine, as is wheels. I was just checking if it was the same wheels. Maybe that's why I like the album too.

i saw that too and got soooooooooooooooo excited but then darren craig told me its not THE good with tempos but they were stuck for a title and used that :(
wheeeen is good with tempos gonna appear on a reccid?! please make it soooon!!

!ninjaaaa
nlgbbbblth said:
I paid €17.50 for this last weekend - in Road
€21 sounds very much incorrect

Tower records
-!bog

yeah - that's a minus bog
my mistakey so....still cheaper in tower buh :p

Stuck for a title?? the lazy bastards. never stopped them before. Why didn't they just call it "Stuck For A Title"?

You do know that Good With Tempos was released before though.

i LOVE the second and third songs on this album, i haven't really listened to the rest (yet;) ) . someone smart suggested that no. 2 and 3 should be one long track, it would be a killer song. do it.:p

its a smashing video, great song.

noticed the typo, i'd imagine it's deliberate

!bing !bing !bing

i know im a bit late, but got my hands on this yesterday...

i cant believe how harsh people are being.

i think its an amazing record. the material itself, for the most part, holds up really well when compared to thirty six strings, and completely blows the last record away. i love the new jazzy sound, and there's some class bass playing too. in fact, the only song i dont like is track 6, the rest is all gold.

i agree that the production isn't great: drums are way too restrained sounding and the parts with distorted guitars can be painful to listen to (see track 6). I presume this was just because mr new producer has no idea how to mix heavy music... anyway, it's still good production, people are just complaining becuase we were so spoiled by the first two records in that sense...

its by far the best irish release of this year, and i reckon people will grow to love the record just as much as the last two.

Alan Remorse said:
I presume this was just because mr new producer has no idea how to mix heavy music...
i dunno bout the producer himself but the guy who owns the studio recorded big black, rapeman, jesus lizard, and did sound for JL on tour. so between them they probably had an idea :)

i think the heavy stuff sounds good. natural guitar sounds, like nature intended.

nahhh its too messy sounding for my liking... and for some reason the volume level seems to drop when it comes to the heavy parts. if you listen to it while driving its really noticable.

gah, now im falling into the "dissing production" trap... its still a mental album

Didn't like it much at first 'cos it was less rock and more fiddliness.

But .... after giving it three or four spins I really really started to get into it. I think it takes a while for all the little melodies and riffs to get into your head and I reckon that I'll probably end up playing it more than their previous ones. It may not have the immediate impact of 36strings say but it'll be more of a grower and a stayer .....

I do prefer the raw crunch of the sound on their other albums but the smother production probably suits this material more ... and there is real dynamics to it ... there's one two bits where the loud geetar chords/drums kick in after some fiddly stuff and they're really really loud and in-your-face.

So, um, I really like it now ...... but thought after the first spin that I wouldn't .....

SadieOutlaw said:
i LOVE the second and third songs on this album, i haven't really listened to the rest (yet;) ) . someone smart suggested that no. 2 and 3 should be one long track, it would be a killer song. do it.:p
that's a crazy idea!!! listened to it pretty much non stop for the past week... it's a great record. looking forward to hearing the new japeo.

my favourite is the one that goes

"If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from where did you go
Where did you come from Cotton-Eye Joe"

SadieOutlaw said:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back