here's dates:
4th - bristol, thekla w/made out of babies
5th - dublin, crawdaddy's
6th - belfast, the bunker
7th - glasgow, nice n sleazy w/made out of babies
8th - birmingham, medicine bar (custard factory) w/made out of babies
9th - leeds, joseph's well w/made out of babies
10th - london, tba w/made out of babies

are made out of babies supporting here too?(fingers crossed:) )

hi there, long time no see.

are they *really* decent live..? cos i really like half the album but the other half bores me beyond belief.

damien said:
hi there, long time no see.

are they *really* decent live..? cos i really like half the album but the other half bores me beyond belief.

Never seen them live myself, but, I've heard only good things.

I'd go just to see Made Out Of Babies.
'Trophy' has some great stuff on it. Got bored with it really quick though but reckon it'd be deadly live.

I like them on record but have a feeling it could be like pelican live.
Sure we shall see.

made of babies aren't coming, support band will be from motherland. also, that pelican gig was too quiet, the sound engineer that night is a great engineer, but he doen't do a good job with loud bands, so I wouldn't judge pelican on that performance

i thought the sound sucked at that pelican gig (not just too quiet, it was mixed really badly.. i got the impression he was scared by their stacks and didn't put any guitar through the PA.. engineers who can't handle loud bands are a pet hate of mine) and the new stuff was boring. oak and 7.10 were miles better.

damien said:
i thought the sound sucked at that pelican gig (not just too quiet, it was mixed really badly.. i got the impression he was scared by their stacks and didn't put any guitar through the PA.. engineers who can't handle loud bands are a pet hate of mine) and the new stuff was boring. oak and 7.10 were miles better.

crawdaddy's house engineer is the best soundman in the country, regardless of the type of music, I reckon he'll do an awesome job of red sparrowes. If I'd known pelican didn't have their own engineer on tour Id have tried to get alan oboyle to do sound (his live mix of the bug in vicar street should serve a eveidence that he knows how to enigineer loud music). with the whole pelican gig, its all water under the bridge, and you'll be glad to know I earned decent money on the night, but Id hate for people to write pelican off as a band who can't deliver live, cos I don't reckon thats the case

Yeah - a house engineer should be able to deal with any band. It's his job to make bands sound the way they should.
That particular guy is a nightmare - I won't play there again cos of him. When you ask an engineer to do something very technically specific because a soundcheck sounds terrible and he doesn't - then he's a bad engineer because he actively makes the act/band sound shit.
The guy should be doing sound at comedy clubs if he doesn't like loud music.

aoboa said:
Yeah - a house engineer should be able to deal with any band. It's his job to make bands sound the way they should.
That particular guy is a nightmare - I won't play there again cos of him. When you ask an engineer to do something very technically specific because a soundcheck sounds terrible and he doesn't - then he's a bad engineer because he actively makes the act/band sound shit.
The guy should be doing sound at comedy clubs if he doesn't like loud music.

which guy was it?

u:m said:
made of babies aren't coming,

pity, would have been good to see them too. cost to much for both bands i take it? and, er, who is support or is it a bit early to say?

xsteox said:
pity, would have been good to see them too. cost to much for both bands i take it? and, er, who is support or is it a bit early to say?

rest are support band

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back