Diaries (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
who keeps a diary? Is it only murderers and rapists and criminals?

I don't know anyone who keeps a diary yet you hear day in and day out of some case or other where they mention that such-and-such kept a diary of all the shit they did and they were BAD PEOPLE

I kept one when I was 13 for a few months (until I lost interest). The entries were something like this

Feb 3rd - the teacher is a cunt
Feb 4th - new girl is giving me a horn
Feb 5th - Hope I get my pocket money soon. The new Kylie single is great Gonna get the bus into virgin megastore on saturday to buy it
Feb 6th - new girl still hasn't noticed me. If I keep ignoring her shes bound to fancy me soon
Feb 7th - got bus into town, bought new Kyle single. Played it 3 times and sold it to Tom for 25p (cost 1.99). Spent 25p on a Dime Bar and a Sherbet Fountain
Feb 8th - sundays are boring
Feb 9th - new girl has a new boyfried. Met him at the disco I refused to go to cos the music they play is shite

That kinda thing. Not sure anyone will convict me of anything other than being a sad prick as a 13-year-old.

Anyway, diaries

Thumped is my diary.

Growing up I seem to have had the impression that diaries were 'for girls'. I have tried to keep one a few times but always gave up fairly quickly.

i kept a diary for about three days when i was twelve or so. it mainly covered petty feuds with friends and teachers. i think i have it here somewhere but i don't want to embarrass myself by reading it again.

when I was in 6th class in primary school, this came out

220px-TheSecretDiaryOfAdrianMole.jpg

we were all mad into it and I think that might have been what prompted me to start one back then.

And I'm kind of amazed by how politically-minded I was as a 12/13-year old. Way more so than now.

I kept one when I was away travelling. I was on my own with nobody to talk to for months on end so it was something to do while waiting for food. I'm glad I did as it has lots of stuff I'd never remember otherwise. I can't imagine anyone else would find it interesting.

I briefly kept one when I was young. The usual embarrassing stuff about girls and and other rubbish

Recently I found a notebook I'd been drawing in when I was drunk. It seems I attempted to start a journal because there are a few lines scratched out and a note from drunk me saying something like " haha..for fucks sake, this is why you shouldn't write a diary"

I keep a journal when I'm travelling or on holidays, and sometimes when something out of the ordinary is going on I'll add a page or two. I've kept a diary of sorts a few times, but they usually ended up with big blank areas where I was too busy and didn't bother, or life was too boring, which is why I switched to journal instead.

My Granny kept a diary, she died a few years ago and it's actually been really nice to be able to read them from time to time. So many forgotten memories, and people now long gone. They've prompted my Mum to start keeping one herself.

well this is the thing. In this day and age everything is recorded and I'd imagine the people who come after us will know every intricate detail of how we lived our lives.

What brought this to mind is the centary anniversary of the Gallipoli landings, and how all of the information about that event comes from war diaries;

WW1 British Army War Diaries

which are fascinating.

I suppose kids these days don't write anything if its not on their phone or laptop. And blogs are probably the current-day diary, though probably not for recording your most personal, intimate details.

I have a journal. I mostly use it when I'm travelling. It's mostly sketches of stuff, all my travel details and then interesting stuff that happens. I also use it to plan what I'm going to watch and listen to for the week so I don't forget.

well this is the thing. In this day and age everything is recorded and I'd imagine the people who come after us will know every intricate detail of how we lived our lives.
there's an idea we might be creating a 'dark age' as we store everything in digital formats which will become obsolete

or something

Digital dark age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i think it means we should start stencilling our most brilliant facebook updates on every available surface in very indelible ink

there's an idea we might be creating a 'dark age' as we store everything in digital formats which will become obsolete

or something

Digital dark age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i think it means we should start stencilling our most brilliant facebook updates on every available surface in very indelible ink
I remember back in 1988 during Dublin's millenium year, they came up with this 'time capsule' idea where they'd lock away all these relics of the current time for folks in 100 years time to open and discover what their ancestors were up to back in the day.

they can just fuckin google it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back