red sparrows (2 Viewers)

damien said:
some people in dublin seem to be snobby about what venues they go to, i assume it's because they think the sound is shit in small places without a "proper" pa.
man, you're so fucking clueless sometimes. i guess i gotta love you for it though. fair play for being consistent.

See the way I see engineering in small venues is this:
The PA is there to fill in the gaps. A drum kit will lose out to a couple of marshall stacks and a big bass amp, as will vocals.
Once you get a good balance of what you need (ie kit, vox, keys etc) on top of the bands stage sound you can then turn up the PA to Motorhead levels if you want.

This way of doing it means you have less shit going though the stage monitors i.e. less feedback and a clearer vocal mix. The band feel confortable because they can hear their amps. And you still have full control over the front of house.

aoboa said:
See the way I see engineering in small venues is this:
The PA is there to fill in the gaps. A drum kit will lose out to a couple of marshall stacks and a big bass amp, as will vocals.
Once you get a good balance of what you need (ie kit, vox, keys etc) on top of the bands stage sound you can then turn up the PA to Motorhead levels if you want.

This way of doing it means you have less shit going though the stage monitors i.e. less feedback and a clearer vocal mix. The band feel confortable because they can hear their amps. And you still have full control over the front of house.
large mound only cares about guitars and vocals. i don't even know why they made such a big deal about needing a drummer. that anthony is an egomaniax.

chico said:
man, you're so fucking clueless sometimes. i guess i gotta love you for it though. fair play for being consistent.

snobby prick.

swingkid said:
i think ciaran who does sound in the hub and some other places, is one of the best sound engineers around. never complains and always in a good mood and tries his best to help people out... always gets good sound no matter what type of music...

that guy is a really really good sound engineer i wish he did the sound for all our gigs

does this thread prove once and for all that small gigs with just a vocal pa are just as likely to sound good or shite as gigs in professional venues like whelans, etc with big, powerful soundsystems?[/quote]

no, of course not.the sound in whelans is fuckin awesome, its a great venue, no wheres better

red sparrows are coming back over.
19/10 belfast
20/10 dublin the village.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back