REAPER (1 Viewer)

http://www.reaper.fm/

Anyone had a go at this yet?

Had a go.

Kinda reminds me of Vegas. It's pretty solid but looks pretty spartan.
Lots of features. It's a little unintuitive on the User level but not that tricky once you get the hang of it. I've only used the WDM Kernel driver as the Asio keeps crapping out on me.

Now that I think of it it's actually really good if a little rough around the edges.

had quick look a few months ago, I liked the idea of being able to have different themes. But as far as I remember the effects/vst section seemed a bit awkward, that put me off. Still, tons of features for free.

Yep, I actually bought a licence for about €40 because I like what the guy is doing and the way he's going about it.

It's routing capabilities are really extensive and audio recording is as perfect as you'll get on any other DAW. However, the MIDI editing still can't touch Cubase. Having said that, loads of people on the Sound On Sound forums have actually ditched PT LE, Logic and Cubase in favour of Reaper. There's also tonnes of threads on Reaper on the SOS forum.

there ya go. My 2c.

If anyone's interested, v2.0 beta of Reaper has just been released for download on www.reaper.fm

Any funnily enough, Logic 8 has just been released with it's new "one screen architecture" and looks a hell of a lot like Reaper. Hmmm...

Music give it a lash. See what this vst world is really all about.

Edit: Requirements:

OS X 10.4 or 10.5, Intel or PPC mac (Intel mac HIGHLY recommended)

fucksake

I just installed this on my laptop 10 mins. ago.It is STUNNING.I've already recorded a 5 part harmony thru a seinnheiser headset mic. and its working smooth as an egg.Had to install asio4all and configure that(piece of piss).This is the future for demoing stuff.I cant believe how straightforward it is.If I can get VSTi stuff going in it as easily it could mean goodnight Cubase(although I've yet to investigate the midi editor on it)But I reckon you could use this whilst drunk alot easier than the big boys stuff and that coupled with what seems like very low latency and cpu usuage can only be a revelation for the home noodler.

Lovin it. Admittedly, I've very little experience with any recording software, but this is just so easy to use it's great. Double click to add a new track, arm it for recording and away you go. Can't get much easier than that \o/

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/reaper-daw-voted-musicradar-users-favourite-238926

Reaper DAW voted MusicRadar users' favourite

Affordable music production app takes the crown
Ben Rogerson, Thu 4 Mar 2010, 11:35 am UTC
Reaper 3: your new favourite DAW?
View in gallery

In a shock result, MusicRadar users have voted Cockos's Reaper their favourite DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).
The software, which is currently at version 3, is famed for its low system footprint (the installer is just a few megabytes in size) and intuitive workflow, and has quickly built up a loyal army of users.
Many of these are musicians who've turned to Reaper out of frustration with other DAWs, a fact acknowledged by Cockos on its website.
"If you currently use another DAW, you might be reading this because you're contemplating shelling out $150 for the next overhyped version that doesn't address any of the bugs you've been complaining about for five years while adding a bunch of features you couldn't care less about," says the developer.

When explaining why their software is different, Cockos says: "For starters, Reaper is coded by a small group of dedicated engineers, not multiple software units under the central command of product marketing. That means Reaper is lean, efficient, and stable.
"Reaper starts up and is ready to record in seconds, balances processing loads intelligently across multicore systems, and doesn't fall over when you start to tax it. That means you spend more time recording and editing, instead of staring at the startup splash screen."
If you're keen to find out more, you can demo a fully functional version of Reaper 3 for 30 days. Should you wish to continue using the software after this time, a discounted license (check the Cockos website to find out if you qualify) will cost you $60.
Click here to read about the 11 best DAW software apps, as voted for by MusicRadar users.

Reaper is great. I use it all the time, and I've been drifting away from protools for quite some time.
They're on Version 3 of reaper now btw. More and more improvements all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back