RATM Xmas No1 (2 Viewers)

I really don't want to have Killing in the Name of blasting out of my TV on Xmas Day. The last thing I want to be reminded of on the greatest day of the year is a sweaty Fibbers dance floor.

I really don't want to have Killing in the Name of blasting out of my TV on Xmas Day. The last thing I want to be reminded of on the greatest day of the year is a sweaty Fibbers dance floor.

so you'd prefer joe dangleberry?

I think this is deadly, it's just a bit of skit and a flick of the v's to that awful awful

idiot cowell. cowpat for a haircut twat.

Ha ! Obviously not much research went into getting them to play live !!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091217/ten-bbc-airs-f-word-song-at-breakfast-ti-8a3eada.html

A live performance of Rage Against The Machine's Killing In The Name was aired on Radio 5live Breakfast shortly before 9am.
The alt-rock band had chatted to the show on the campaign to get the song to the Christmas number one spot.
The group were then invited to perform the 1992 hit - which is rivalling X Factor winner Joe McElderry for the festive top spot - live on air.
But minutes into the performance, lead singer Zach de la Rocha could be heard repeatedly screaming the song's refrain: "F*** you, I won't do what you tell me".
The song was eventually interrupted by desperate host Shelagh Fogarty shouting: "Get rid of it".
She then explained: "Sorry. We needed to get rid of that because it suddenly turned into something we weren't expecting.
"Well, we were expecting it, and had asked them not to do it, but they did it anyway, so buy Joe's record."
Stuttering co-host Nicky Campbell later admitted being too "engaged" with the track.
A BBC spokesman later said: "5 live breakfast featured a live broadcast of the song Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine.
"We had spoken to the band repeatedly beforehand and they had agreed not to swear.
"When they did we faded the band out and apologised immediately to anyone who was offended."
The error occurred less than 24 hours after George Michael had uttered the f-word during Chris Evan's drivetime show on Radio 2.
Evans, who is soon to replace the retiring legend Terry Wogan in the station's breakfast slot, "sincerely apologised" to listeners for any offence the singer caused.
BBC radio shows have faced closer scrutiny following the well-publicised phone scandal involving Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand last year.
Many live programmes have been forced to prepare their output after a record number of complaints, despite the original lewd prank calls to Andrew Sachs being pre-recorded before airing in October 2008

so you'd prefer joe dangleberry?

I think this is deadly, it's just a bit of skit and a flick of the v's to that awful awful

idiot cowell. cowpat for a haircut twat.

To be honest I don't think I would even know what was Christmas No 1 on the day. I certainly prefer Alexandra Burke's Bad Boy song to Rage Against The Machine so go Simon!

He's probably upset about Saab being sold to the Chinese. I think he's also probably worried that he is now considered in the same league as the Bring Back Wispas campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back