RATM Xmas No1 (2 Viewers)

he was on an independent label you see, i'd imagine Rage Against the Machine could afford a better one

he was on an independent label you see, i'd imagine Rage Against the Machine could afford a better one

Well they're on Sony so all they'd have to do would be to ask the real Simon when they see him in the tea-room.

John, this is the worst thing you've championed since Straw.

Tom Morello has giving his backing to this, not that thats very surprising if he's gonna make some more money

Well now in fairness hasn't morello said that he is giving his profits to some youth music charity?

politics aside; I think it would be cool to have RATM as no1. Cos i like that song.
and prefer it to Xfactor tune

I'd give yer one from Florence and the Machine a Christmas No.1.

Do Girls Aloud have a single out this year? I like when their videos are played on rotation across all the music channels. Especially the one's where the big lipped one has a solo.

I thought this story was a bit if fun & 2 fingers up to the shit-factory that is X Factor.
I was also quite impressed that people were, not only joining the Facebook group but buying the single too.

The picking of the song probably reflects the age of the FB page creator & obviously the recurring line in the song is directed at Simon Cowell/X Factor.
Also the fact that it is incredibly radio unfriendly helps get the point across.

I like the fact that FB & Twitter shows people that they can have an impact on events rather than just sitting complaining about them.
This time it's a trivial swipe at bit of fluff tv but in the recent past FB & Twitter have been the reasons why stories make it on the news & Twitter even managed to stop the utterly nasty Carter-Ruck law firm in it's tracks.

This year it's RATM but next year maybe someone will decide to start a campaign for a current artist (maybe even Jape?) & then every year we can reclaim the Christmas No.1 from Cowell.

In summary;

The charts are dead........
...so let's fuck with the corpse & have a little fun.

Do Girls Aloud have a single out this year? I like when their videos are played on rotation across all the music channels. Especially the one's where the big lipped one has a solo.

their most recent single was untouchable which didn't make top 10 so they've taken time off to have a cry.

Cheryl has her solo stuff but it's pointless.

this is also out this week

various-artists-st-trinian-s-2-the-legend-of-fritton-s-gold-ost-$7049748$300.jpg

which is as close to new girls aloud stuff you're gonna get this christmas

In summary;

goodness gracious!

I thought this story was a bit if fun & 2 fingers up to the shit-factory that is X Factor.
I was also quite impressed that people were, not only joining the Facebook group but buying the single too.

The picking of the song probably reflects the age of the FB page creator & obviously the recurring line in the song is directed at Simon Cowell/X Factor.
Also the fact that it is incredibly radio unfriendly helps get the point across.

I like the fact that FB & Twitter shows people that they can have an impact on events rather than just sitting complaining about them.
This time it's a trivial swipe at bit of fluff tv but in the recent past FB & Twitter have been the reasons why stories make it on the news & Twitter even managed to stop the utterly nasty Carter-Ruck law firm in it's tracks.

This year it's RATM but next year maybe someone will decide to start a campaign for a current artist (maybe even Jape?) & then every year we can reclaim the Christmas No.1 from Cowell.

In summary;

Right on mo fo. Props.

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me Simon Cowell, but I *will* do exactly what some random facebook page asks me to do. When was the last time you cared what the christmas number one was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back