RATM Xmas No1 (1 Viewer)

kings lead hat

Hiya,
Please buy RATM "Killing in the name of" from Amazon.co.uk for 29p

Its beating Xfactor and has a massive chance to be No1

Would be a great thing if it made it

Its only 29p and its beating Joe McWhatever on Amazon already

I tell ya the Pogues must be laughing since downloads became chartable. They sell a shedload of downloads, and Fairytale has been in the charts for 41 weeks for some reason.

popjustice.com said:
Well, apart from the whole 'give Sony loads more money as a result of Simon Cowell's actions' thing there's a deeper problem at the heart of all this, too. 'Killing In The Name' is being embraced here for its perceived subversiveness, but it was released almost two decades ago and the fact that it's being wheeled out again as an 'alternative' - that it needs to be wheeled out again as an alternative - is proof of how ineffective it must have been. It (in the sense that 'it' has here been interpreted as 'a revolution against the mainstream') failed. The mainstream won. And do you know what? When it comes to the Top 40, and hit singles, and the Christmas Number One, the mainstream always will win. The Top 40 is a popularity chart and the alternative to popular music is unpopular music which by definition isn't popular enough to get in the Top 40.

As a sidenote, how tragic that it's a two-decades-old song that has been chosen to front this campaign.

also their alternative to the alternative "campaign"

That sounds a bit better. This RATM scheme sounds like trifling prickery.
Here, Scientician: did I see your picture at the SALIS Christmas do last year?
Are you going this evening?

Les Parry, the physio for Tranmere Rovers football club released a limited edition Christmas single in 2006 called Les The White Legs Parry sung to the tune of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. I'd like to see that as this year's Christmas number one.

I kinda hope the x-factor dude wins now. Sneery internet campaigns that give nerds a sense of superiority can fuck off.

no way, it's a great song

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back