Random Photos (3 Viewers)

loughoulerandthreerock052.jpg

Will you two stop waffling on to fuck?? What about our younger viewers like myself that know nowt about these 80s films like Navigator and black hole and top gun and chariots of fire and Thatchers war with the NUM and the Falklands and Chiles disappeared and Charlie H and Terry K...

Will you two stop waffling on to fuck?? What about our younger viewers like myself that know nowt about these 80s films like Navigator and black hole and top gun and chariots of fire and Thatchers war with the NUM and the Falklands and Chiles disappeared and Charlie H and Terry K...
two short posts hardly constitutes as 'waffling on'

....grandad

Last time I tried to take a pic of a stranger was when I was walking in and around Sheriff St, and a gang of lads threatened me and called me a guard, a snitch and a cunt.
I find it really hard to take pics of strangers though, generally speaking. I know that I've missed out on a lot of really good photo's because of it, so it's a pity that I don't have the balls to do it.

i found that, as lala said (kinda) trial and error. you build up a thick skin, or just stop feeling self conscious about it. however having said that, my carefully nurtured thick skin has disappeared through neglect.

agree with hugh also, a little ol' compact rangefinder, or ever a smaller slr is best. fixed focal, slight wide angle lens. shoot at middle apertures round 1/125 and hope for the best.

again(in my experience), taking photos at protests/parades or of buskers are a good way to cut your teeth with this sort of stuff. although(again from experience) taking photos of people fucking stuff at the cops is not recommended unless your getting paid for it. nearly got my camera shoved up my hole once or twice.

god, i havent been on thumped in ages....

I think it's possibly easier to take pics of strangers when you're in a foreign place. Certainly you're more inclined to take pics of people when you're in a strange place and people seem strange and interesting, though really they're no more strange or interesting than anyone else. Maybe that's why the well-travelled likes of LaLa have these pics. I dunno, photography, it's mad altogether.

i dont take pictures of lots of things when im on holidays as it seems rude and intrusive to do it. i dont like strangers pointing their cameras at me so it seems only fair to avoid doing it myself. the pics are better with the locals in them though. if i am going to do it i usually hold the camera low and pretend to be fidgeting at the settings then take it on the sly hoping that they dont notice and that it comes out ok.

Very cool indeed. I got a Diana F+, anyone ever used one or a lomography camera in general? I'm very excited, I must say. Analogue win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back