Random Photos (1 Viewer)

Re: picture a week (idea)

there is so much good fine art photography out there, and so much good documentary photography. In fact the docu stuff quite frequently crosses over into the realm of art (that's actually a frequent criticism applied to people like salgado - the pictures are so beautiful that they detract from the reality of the subject)
I'm not writing any more here, it's early in the day and I have work to do. I'd be here all day otherwise.

lol, art.

docu-type photography makes me think of kevin carter.

he saw some pretty terrible stuff in his time; but i simply cannot understand why he didnt pick that starving child up. the vulture was licking its lips pretty much!

i know you go to those places to capture things and you can't help everyone, but standing by and snapping a little heap of hunger and then walking away....musta been what killed him. or part of it.

ICUH8N said:
NPN020506006_800.jpg

Chandelier in Roter Salon. TMAX 3200

lol, art

VAGINA DENTA

Now that I have a flickr account, here's another pic from that trip to Bali. Probably doesn't say alot but I like it.

144239988_a0e04f6113_m.jpg

Gonna stick up a pic of my dad's which I'd consider good art-photography. He's a wedding and protrait photographer by trade.

also for people who aren't convinced that fine art/docu/journalism aren't all far more closely related than they think...Things as They Are: Photojournalism in context since 1955 is a mindblowing book. Going back a bit further, Walker Evans' pictures for the Farm Security Administration are also a great example.

144555832_cb0cc354ba.jpg

It's of Ards beach in Donegal taken from the air.

That book looks really good. Might have to get it after the exams.

Cheers looks good. I like the way it scrolls to the right for each story rather than the old scroll down. Obviously the photos are good too. Just been looking at the Siera Leone Olympic Team story.

5am self portrait outside the old police station and prison.
(dats me on de right dere)

DSC03458.jpg

and the old 1914 door on the side of the prison wall. also at 5am.

DSC03443.jpg

NPH241205001.jpg

This is Ra. He used to squat in the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (at the top of Brooklyn, pretty much) I met him while wandering around there last December, taking pictures of urban destruction.
Two weeks ago, the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse burned down. There was a lot of cool stuff in those old buildings (art installations, secret skate ramp which was totally amazing btw)
No-one saw or heard from Ra, until this article turned up in the NYT, He's an amazingly nice guy.

login if you need it:
U: noregister9
P: asdfasdf
courtesy of http://www.bugmenot.com/view/www.nytimes.com

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later, etc but that's by far your best picture yet.amazin.

ICUH8N said:
NPH241205001.jpg

This is Ra. He used to squat in the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (at the top of Brooklyn, pretty much) I met him while wandering around there last December, taking pictures of urban destruction.
Two weeks ago, the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse burned down. There was a lot of cool stuff in those old buildings (art installations, secret skate ramp which was totally amazing btw)
No-one saw or heard from Ra, until this article turned up in the NYT, He's an amazingly nice guy.

login if you need it:
U: noregister9
P: asdfasdf
courtesy of http://www.bugmenot.com/view/www.nytimes.com

Time for another picture I suppose ..... all the pictures I've put up so far are old. Some day soon I'll hopefully have time to make some new ones ... sigh. Thank you for all the nice comments people have sent me.

2791649-lg.jpg

Taken in the grounds of the Royal Hospital/IMMA in Kilmainham by the way ....

Both excellant lads. The grounds of the IMMA are really cool, had a quick look around them over easter definately be back over the summer with my camera. I'm told there's an old British soldier graveyard at the back somewhere sounds interesting.

on this route home from a friend's house i have to walk on this suspended bridge beneath a twisting mass of flyovers and stuff.
this is what i see from there.

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back