Queen Kong / Ladyfest Berlin Hassle (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how some ignorant punks shouting "show us your tits" is a general indictment that Rock 'N Roll is male dominated.

People say stupid things all the time (your posts are a perfect example of this)

Feminism is an outmoded concept that will earn it's place among other useless ideologies.

Oh, and I like how you are inferring that I am troll just because I disagree with you.

I view pro women events like I view pro white rallies. They too believe there is an imbalance in society that warrants their cause.

I find your ideas fascinating and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Yes, I've seen cases of that too, but that is also not just the fate of women. I've seen men struggle.

I must confess that I've contributed myself to the 'not enough women in management' crisis and held back the progress of equal representation.

In my last job I was offered a promotion to a management position (from an Admin/PA role). This promotion would have put me on a par with the guys who's work, my boss had realised, I was doing the majority of anyway. Although I would have loved the money, and the title the disruption to what I then thought of as my "personal life" would have been too high a price for me to pay. I don't regret that decision.

Oh, no, I was suggesting that it's not just women, it's men, too. And I'm kind of trying -- badly -- to make the point that inequality and gender difference affects everyone in different ways because presumed roles are gendered.

I mean, a dude who turns down a promotion because of the effects on his personal life might be seen as a weak man, rather than a strong dude who has his priorities straight. If you or I do it it's probably not quite as big a deal. Rather than make it a big deal for everyone (as in, having women seen as weak for turning stuff down), real equality would make these choices unnecessary, like you brought up in your post.

People have to start refusing to sacrifice these things, but it's such a chicken/egg issue because those who refuse to sacrifice rarely reach positions of sufficient power to change the management structure so it's all more people/family friendly.

You just want Ladyfest to be about women thinking we're superior because you're too busy to organise this white power rally you keep going on about.

somebodies organising a white power rally; must let the lads from kampfgrup sud know!

DTA01_G.jpg

A troll is someone who sets up an account just to post abusive rubbish, and that's just what you've done.

You haven't responded to my question about immigrants.

How are women-centred events like pro-white rallies? I don't get it? Was there a bar in place that white people were legally barred from working because of their race? When was that? Do tell.

You also haven't -- as predicted -- responded to any of the discussions about how nuanced sexism is. I already made a comment about how a male-centred space for dealing with issues specifically related to masculinity in modern society would be a really, really positive step. I'd be all for it. But the equivalent of Ladyfest is not a creepy parade asserting superiority. That's what you're suggesting. Just as people who do things like study 'whiteness' are not trying to prove the superiority of white people -- they're problematising whiteness as a race, so that it can be looked at alongside other racial identities rather than being considered the default race.

You just want Ladyfest to be about women thinking we're superior because you're too busy to organise this white power rally you keep going on about.

Um. No, I have been a member of this forum since December 2001. I read it regularly. I don't go prancing around advertising this fact because I believe forum superiority and term of membership are ignorant concepts.

I don't always post unless it is about something I feel passionately about. This username is new because I couldn't remember the password to my previous account, this will be remedied.

I haven't responded to you posts because I haven't read them, and I probably won't.

Here's my point:

What was done to Queen Kong is bullshit. Feminism is bullshit.

If you don't like it. I don't care. You entitled to express your opinion just like I am.

somebodies organising a white power rally; must let the lads from kampfgrup sud know!

DTA01_G.jpg

I'll bet pelviscostello won't even bother, won't put his pointy hood where his mouth is. He reminds me of those stupid redneck dudes who, when Malcolm X t-shirts were popular among African-Americans, wore confederate flag shirts (or, if you wanna get tecnical, the Confederate Navy Jack) that said, "You wear your X, I'll wear mine."

I don't always post unless it is about something I feel passionately about. This username is new because I couldn't remember the password to my previous account, this will be remedied.

What was your previous username?

I haven't responded to you posts because I haven't read them, and I probably won't.

If you don't like it. I don't care. You entitled to express your opinion just like I am.

If you refuse to read/listen to anyone else's opinion it is hardly surprising that your own opinions are so uninformed and undeveloped.

Um. No, I have been a member of this forum since December 2001. I read it regularly. I don't go prancing around advertising this fact because I believe forum superiority and term of membership are ignorant concepts.

Here's my point:

What was done to Queen Kong is bullshit. Feminism is bullshit.

It's funny how you thought I was intimidated by you, but then you refuse to read my posts. If you're not threatened, why won't you read them? And you can't suggest it's a waste of time, as you've spent the past few hours just repeating 'feminism is bullshit' over and over again while other people present reasoned points.

I want to know the answer to my question about immigrants because, as an immigrant feminist, I'm rather confused. If you claim to be sympathetic to immigrants, you're not showing it.

I don't see how some ignorant punks shouting "show us your tits" is a general indictment that Rock 'N Roll is male dominated.

Feminism is an outmoded concept that will earn it's place among other useless ideologies.

Oh, and I like how you are inferring that I am troll just because I disagree with you.

I never said you were trolling I said I was. You must be too stoned to read my post properly.

And thanks :)heart:) you just proved my point about the your use of the old "I never experienced it personally so it must not exist AKA this rock keeps away bears because there are no bears around" logic:

by basically narrowing the field down so much until it suits your purpose to prove a point. "okay that person said something sexist..but I wasn't including them" "people say stupid things, but if we don't call that sexism..then we can say there is no sexism. case closed"

of course one or two instances of vulgar sexism doesn't make a rampantly sexist scene. that was my whole point. neither does your limited experience justify there is no sexism.re-read that part of my post. sheesh, maybe you just don't get abstract reasoning, or i dunno, maybe your ignoring anything that doesn't suit your case, as I said above. your reasoning is piss poor either way...
and as I'm supposed to be finishing work for my masters, what am I doing here! laugh fest at you is over for me, back to the grind.

for the record I too look forward to the day feminism becomes an outmoded concept, but as Bertie would say...a lot done, lots more to do!

I never said you were trolling I said I was. You must be too stoned to read my post properly.

And thanks :)heart:) you just proved my point about the your use of the old "I never experienced it personally so it must not exist AKA this rock keeps away bears because there are no bears around" logic:

by basically narrowing the field down so much until it suits your purpose to prove a point. "okay that person said something sexist..but I wasn't including them" "people say stupid things, but if we don't call that sexism..then we can say there is no sexism. case closed"

of course one or two instances of vulgar sexism doesn't make a rampantly sexist scene. that was my whole point. neither does your limited experience justify there is no sexism.re-read that part of my post. sheesh, maybe you just don't get abstract reasoning, or i dunno, maybe your ignoring anything that doesn't suit your case, as I said above. your reasoning is piss poor either way...
and as I'm supposed to be finishing work for my masters, what am I doing here! laugh fest at you is over for me, back to the grind.

for the record I too look forward to the day feminism becomes an outmoded concept, but as Bertie would say...a lot done, lots more to do!

Well said.

Bet he won't read it, though. Too busy barking at his mammy that she didn't separate his colours and the dye from his swastika underpants bled all over his pointy hood.

I tried to follow this thread and make a contribution to the arguments...I really tried, but about half way through I had a flashback to endless, pointless meandering arguments of my University days....shudder shudder.....

And you can't suggest it's a waste of time, as you've spent the past few hours just repeating 'feminism is bullshit' over and over again

ha ha! this is my new signature for sure. a classic Thumped moment if ever there was one!

a person calling something completely stupid and a waste of time but basically spending hours and hours debating the issue. not the first time its happened and the !ironyyy is always delicious.

okay, deffo back to work now..

ha ha! this is my new signature for sure. a classic Thumped moment if ever there was one!

a person calling something completely stupid and a waste of time but basically spending hours and hours debating the issue. not the first time its happened and the !ironyyy is always delicious.

okay, deffo back to work now..

I feel privileged!

Yeah, if we're gonna spend hours debating in circles, we might as well admit we're doing it. Thumped is all about wasting time we could be using to do other things. That's the beauty of it.

Where did he go, anyway?

It's funny how you thought I was intimidated by you, but then you refuse to read my posts. If you're not threatened, why won't you read them? And you can't suggest it's a waste of time, as you've spent the past few hours just repeating 'feminism is bullshit' over and over again while other people present reasoned points.

I want to know the answer to my question about immigrants because, as an immigrant feminist, I'm rather confused. If you claim to be sympathetic to immigrants, you're not showing it.

I have responded to many other people, just not to you.

I am exceedingly supportive of immigrants. I am not supportive of feminism. They are not mutually exclusive.

I am just not sympathetic to you irregardless of the fact that you are a feminist.

I have responded to many other people, just not to you.

I am exceedingly supportive of immigrants. I am not supportive of feminism. They are not mutually exclusive.

I am just not sympathetic to you irregardless of the fact that you are a feminist.

Why is this now? Why won't you respond to my posts? I don't mean responding to me asking why you won't respond, but if I'm not a threat to you, if you're not intimidated, then why won't you respond?

Is it because my posts actually make a bit of sense, and, like 99.9% of people who identify as feminists, once you actually listen to what we have to say, you can no longer put forward a valid argument that we want to ghettoise ourselves and destroy all men?

And anyway, there are some issues for immigrant women that differ from those of immigrant men. That's a fact. I just wonder how this fits with your view that women are now 100% equal. It's a perfectly valid question. And if you don't have any sympathy for me as a woman, but you have sympathy for immigrants, do you have sympathy for me as an immigrant, or does the feminism cancel it out? Help me out here, I'm really bad at maths.

How was the white power rally?

what about feminist immigrants?

This is what I'm trying to ask him. I've asked like three times now, but he won't say.

He says he isn't reading my posts because, I dunno, whatever. He won't say why.

I really want to know, so maybe he'll read your post and respond.

He also has not told us what he thinks of disabled immigrant feminists.

And he still won't tell us how the white power rally was. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back