Punch the Director more like. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter c4o
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2
art imitating life ian... you know some days when nothing in particular happens? that's called life :)
Ian said:
*WARNING!!! PLOT REVIELING POST!!!

Am I the only person who truely hated Magnolia? It was as bad as Short Cuts, spending the entire movie waiting for something to happen, then instead of an earthquake it rains frogs... then it ends... Bollx

i liked night on earth for pretty much the same reasons, quirky nothingness... or something. heroin please.

"Cote D'Ivoire!"

night.jpg

Ian said:

Am I the only person who truely hated Magnolia? It was as bad as Short Cuts, spending the entire movie waiting for something to happen, then instead of an earthquake it rains frogs... then it ends... Bollx

Probably. I though Magnolia was amazing. One of my favourite movies of the last few years. Thoroughly depressning mind you but that's the way I like 'em!

Punch drunk love was okay ... I expected to like it loads but didn't. I should watch it again. It's not as funny as Mr Deeds is it?

egg_ said:
More like an oddball love story, kinda like Secretary (which I also loved)
me too! the one thing about punch drunk was i kept trying to figure out what kinda film it was while watchin it - and all i could figure out was that sandler is a good actor when he's doing crazy/angry as ooopsed to stupid/goofy. i suppose all comedians have that dark shit goin on. the funniest bit was after he wrecks the toilet in the restaurant and the manager is being really calm while threatening to 'smash his fuckin head' in! :) passive agressive service industry lackey par excellence!

no no no, the funniest bit was when he followed his sister's mate down to florida(?), called his sister to get the number of the hotel she was staying at and totally lost it "give me the fucking number... i'll fucking kill you, you fucking bitch" etc :)
spectraljanitor said:
me too! the one thing about punch drunk was i kept trying to figure out what kinda film it was while watchin it - and all i could figure out was that sandler is a good actor when he's doing crazy/angry as ooopsed to stupid/goofy. i suppose all comedians have that dark shit goin on. the funniest bit was after he wrecks the toilet in the restaurant and the manager is being really calm while threatening to 'smash his fuckin head' in! :) passive agressive service industry lackey par excellence!

Ian said:

Nope I also hated Magnolia - didn't make it to the end which is rare. that giant rodent tom cruise was no help - actually don't think I've ever sat through Short cuts either - I can only remember the tom waits story

saw LOTR 3 th'other day
great film

but the end made me wanna punch the director
i got a sore hole to see them take 29 mins gettin on a boat
thats a joke if you havent seen the film , theres no boats

hag said:
i liked night on earth for pretty much the same reasons, quirky nothingness... or something. heroin please.

"Cote D'Ivoire!"

night.jpg
dude, I love Night on Earth.... one of my favorite films from one of my favorite directors, Jim Jarmush... and NOTHING really happens, same with Stranger Then Paradise... Magnolia/Short Cuts=Rubbish

Ian said:
dude, I love Night on Earth.... one of my favorite films from one of my favorite directors, Jim Jarmush... and NOTHING really happens, same with Stranger Then Paradise... Magnolia/Short Cuts=Rubbish
Come on loads of shit happens in Night on Earth. People get into taxis, tell stories, get out of taxis. I love the Roberto Benigni section in that movie about his grandfather having sex with vegetables and the priest having the heart attack .... it's classic! Ave you ever seen any of the other pre-life is beautiful Benigni films? They have Johnny Stechino in Laser which is pretty funny but there's another called Il Monstro that I saw years ago where he keeps getting mistaken for a serial killer that's a total riot. Would love to be able to get my hands on it again ....

Jesus, I should be working rathaer than writing all this crap ...

that scene with the priest is so deadly, 'makes me wish i lived in italy. i have never seen life is beautiful, please don't shout at me... i'll get it out at the weekend.
hugh said:
Come on loads of shit happens in Night on Earth. People get into taxis, tell stories, get out of taxis. I love the Roberto Benigni section in that movie about his grandfather having sex with vegetables and the priest having the heart attack .... it's classic! Ave you ever seen any of the other pre-life is beautiful Benigni films? They have Johnny Stechino in Laser which is pretty funny but there's another called Il Monstro that I saw years ago where he keeps getting mistaken for a serial killer that's a total riot. Would love to be able to get my hands on it again ....

Jesus, I should be working rathaer than writing all this crap ...

I saw Zoolander the other night.

And LOTR3 for the second time the other day. Funny, when you see it for the second time the ending is no bother at all, it kind of makes sense that after a 10 hour movie it might take them 20 minutes to wrap it up. Also all that stuff is in the book so shut up.

Anyone bother to see Sonderbergh's remake of Solaris? I reckon its better than Tarkovsky's version.

There, I've said it.

My favourite bit in Magnolia was right after it ended one of the guys in a room full of people in varying degrees of intoxication at 4 in the afternoon going "What the fuck was going on there?, Will we watch it again?"

BAD LUNATIC said:
I saw Zoolander the other night.

And LOTR3 for the second time the other day. Funny, when you see it for the second time the ending is no bother at all, it kind of makes sense that after a 10 hour movie it might take them 20 minutes to wrap it up. Also all that stuff is in the book so shut up.

There, I've said it.

is this comment directed to me

Ian said:

jaysus Ian

Short Cuts is one of the best films of the 1990s
Magnolia is excellent too

respect the cock

anyone ever see a 70's movie called slither? it rocks so hard. nothing in particular happens and anything that does happen goes wrong, but it's very funny. i saw it once on t-na-g, and tried to get it in laser, but no joy. think it's deleted.

top 5 nothing-in-particular-happens movies

5. box of moonlight
4. night on earth
3. trust
2. the unbelievable truth
1. slither

didn't like magnolia (too much crying, amy mann and frogs and stuff). short cuts had it's moments, but the brick in the face ending didn't do it for me. haven't seen the movie this thread is about. sorry. i'll go away now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back