Punch the Director more like. (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter c4o
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2
UnIt SevEn said:
anyone ever see a 70's movie called slither? it rocks so hard. nothing in particular happens and anything that does happen goes wrong, but it's very funny. i saw it once on t-na-g, and tried to get it in laser, but no joy. think it's deleted.

1. slither
yes, the one with James Caan as an ex-con. From 1972 or thereabouts
classic stuff
I taped it off Network 2 late one night about 18 months ago

as far as I know it was never released on video or DVD this side of the world but an NTSC VHS version is available

the director also did Private Benjamin and My Girl/2

UnIt SevEn said:
top 5 nothing-in-particular-happens movies

5. box of moonlight
4. night on earth
3. trust
2. the unbelievable truth
1. slither

didn't like magnolia (too much crying, amy mann and frogs and stuff). short cuts had it's moments, but the brick in the face ending didn't do it for me. haven't seen the movie this thread is about. sorry. i'll go away now.
Apart from not seeing slither, you've just listed some of my favorite ever movies... 2 Hal Heartly, 1 Tom DeCillo and 1 Jimmy Jarmush... and you hated Magnolia also... want to grab a coffee?

UnIt SevEn said:
anyone ever see a 70's movie called slither? it rocks so hard. nothing in particular happens and anything that does happen goes wrong, but it's very funny. i saw it once on t-na-g, and tried to get it in laser, but no joy. think it's deleted.

top 5 nothing-in-particular-happens movies

5. box of moonlight
4. night on earth
3. trust
2. the unbelievable truth
1. slither
yeah i taped slither off the telly too and then i left the country so i've yet to see it even tho i'm back. good yeah? hartleys films are so stilted but still kinda cool. my faves of his would be henry fool and amateur. jarmusch rules. de cillo is good too - he used to be jarmuschs' dp or domething - the real blonde is on tv tonight or tomorrow or something. box of moonlight really reminds me of lawn dogs - you seen that?
american weirdo indie films - bless :)

p.s. trees lounge....mmmmmmm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back