PS3 (1 Viewer)

are they talking initial loading of the games, or in-game level loads. 3-5 seconds at initial load = not a big deal. 3 to 5 seconds faster every time you load up a level = a big improvement.

Horses for courses.

yeah, if you have the space its grand. even though microsoft says otherwise they do buffer/cache data for some games. there is a way to flush the data on startup. I think oblivion was one that used the hard disk if it was available

GT5 is great craic altogether.
Except when some French asshole spins you out and you finish 15 seconds being the leader.
Just got me an Audi R8 there last night.
Spent most of the first race sideways.

^ haha how do you know they're french?

I found the online to be kinda unplayable.

No friends/private races, no voice chat and no option to turn collisions off.

All of these have been promised in the next patch whenever that comes.

That said and a few other niggles aside its still amazing. The handling, the car models and the environments are all savage.

I spent 3 or 4 hours just doing time trials of the alpine track yesterday. You can pick anyone from the world leaderboard and load their ghost replay to race against which is great.

Unplayable?
That's nutty!

The private races thing will come and the last thing I want to hear is a bunch of morons on shitty microphones.
Collisions are part of the game anyway. Granted it's much better if you use them to block someone from overtaking you than when some assholes loses control and you run into him at full speed.
Thumbs up from me.
Turning off traction control and stability management gets some extra pace out of the Integra Type R (which is what most folks use in the beginner online races).
I've got to buy something a little gentler than the Audi R8, it's a bit of a step up from the Integra. Think I'll buy a Beemer and race the 3rd and 4th races in online for a while until I get up to speed.

The fundamental problem with GT5p online is that bad driving is rewarded.

Things like ramming opponents into corners and riding the walls around fast corners will often win you races so most people do it. Its like allowing tackles from behind in a football game. Also why when someone bashes into me and i go off the track do i get a short cut penalty?

Ah I'd say it will. I only had a lash of the entry level races anyway.

Playing this makes you think about the full GT5 next year. 1000+ cars, 40+ tracks, full online, GT TV...blah blah.

4vqps0.jpg

34dj77a.jpg

So I got a 160GB SATA drive for pretty much free off a bloke at work. Had to make my 80GB removeable drive FAT32, then used the PS3 backup utility. Installed the new HDD fine, go to use the restore utility, it finds my USB drive, finds the backup file, formats the new HDD. Then it restarts, but it now cannot find my USB drive and fails everytime.

Admitedly the USB drive is a little flakey, but I'm not buying a new one just for this particular job.

THIS IS LIVING.

So I got a 160GB SATA drive for pretty much free off a bloke at work. Had to make my 80GB removeable drive FAT32, then used the PS3 backup utility. Installed the new HDD fine, go to use the restore utility, it finds my USB drive, finds the backup file, formats the new HDD. Then it restarts, but it now cannot find my USB drive and fails everytime.

Admitedly the USB drive is a little flakey, but I'm not buying a new one just for this particular job.

THIS IS LIVING.
have you tried turning it off and on again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back