PS3 (1 Viewer)

There's a fair bit of tearing in uncharted though, Johnny won't like that. I'm still enjoying motorstorm too.

you should have bought Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am instead

ATHFgame_front-1-.jpg

The HDD installs on the PS3 are a joke, I reckon I'll fill up the 60GB drive on it long before I use up the 20GB (well 13GB really) drive on the 360.

Everybody's Golf is my most played PS3 game by a mile, hopefuly the PS3 version will be decent. Up to 50 players in an online tournamount apparently, not sure how that will work.

Jesus it's still fucking installing to the HDD, if I wanted to arse around like this I'd do a Janer and play games on the PC.

I like the installs. The games run quieter and quicker off the hard disc. The load times in GT5p are literally a couple of seconds.

Well firstly when I buy a game I don't want to have to wait half an hour to install before I play it, it's meant to be a game console, not a PC.

But space is going to be a problem pretty soon if it carries on like this. Just looking now:

Everbody's Golf - 5 GB
GT5 - 6 GB
Heavenly Sword - 2 GB
UT3 - 2 GB
Assasins Creed - 1 GB

So that's 16 GB used for five games, all of them required, not optional. Seeing as you can only get a 40 GB HD now, ten games and the hard drive is going to be full. Possibly not even that many if the trend of 5 or 6 GB installs continues, like the two games I got today.

Edit: And before anyone says 'put a bigger drive in', we know that, what percentage of PS3 owners will have a clue about such things?

haha stans really got an axe to grind when it comes to sony.

Well firstly when I buy a game I don't want to have to wait half an hour to install before I play it, it's meant to be a game console, not a PC.

So games consoles HAVE to stream everything from the disc forever? Who made that rule? No thanks.

The hard drive installs can only improve how games play and load.

Everbody's Golf - 5 GB
GT5 - 6 GB
Heavenly Sword - 2 GB
UT3 - 2 GB
Assasins Creed - 1 GB

So that's 16 GB used for five games, all of them required, not optional. Seeing as you can only get a 40 GB HD now, ten games and the hard drive is going to be full. Possibly not even that many if the trend of 5 or 6 GB installs continues, like the two games I got today.

Alright but many of those games do you play regularly? I know i never have more than 4 or 5 games in any kind of regular playlist. You can delete them and install them later in 10 minutes. Loads of games don't have installs by the way. UT3's isn't necessary.

Edit: And before anyone says 'put a bigger drive in', we know that, what percentage of PS3 owners will have a clue about such things?

Well there's directions on how to do it in the manual.

The huge inconvenience of waiting 15 minutes for an install every month or so is well worth it.

So games consoles HAVE to stream everything from the disc forever? Who made that rule? No thanks.
It's not a rule, but console gaming has always been about throwing a CD/cartridge into the system and playing, not all the fannying around that goes with PC gaming.

The hard drive installs can only improve how games play and load.

Alright but many of those games do you play regularly? I know i never have more than 4 or 5 games in any kind of regular playlist. You can delete them and install them later in 10 minutes. Loads of games don't have installs by the way. UT3's isn't necessary.
But my problem is Dave judging by the two new games I have bought today, developers for the PS3 are heading towards ever bigger installs that you HAVE to perform. The PS3's lifecycle is meant to be what, 8 years they reckon? Are you trying to tell me those installs won't get bigger as the games get better?

I just think it's worrying that this early in the PS3's life that a game is making you use 1/8 of the HD available (if you have a 40GB model). What are you meant to do if that continues, have 4 or 5 games on the go, no room for downloaded games, videos, recorded TV if you get play TV etc etc.

And anyway trust you to defend it you big Sony bum boy.

i think eurogamer did a comparison between devilmay cry on ps3 and xbox 360. actually here it is
Loading times are also slightly reduced on PS3, but we're literally talking about 3-5 seconds difference between the two games - barely relevant in the greater scheme of things. Certainly the notion of a 25-minute, 5GB install on PS3 is much more of an issue for me. In my view, console gaming is all about immediate fun. I don't really want to be in a position where I have to free up hard disk space just to play my games - particularly if a future reinstallation is going to take another 25 minutes. And neither should I be required to DIY-upgrade my console with a bigger hard disk just to accommodate lazy developers. You can argue this one out amongst yourselves, but European gamers should think themselves lucky they weren't lumbered with the 20GB PlayStation 3 hardware. Between DMC4 and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, over the half of the HDD space will be gone simply to accommodate these two titles.
so for the sake of the installs there is bugger all difference ( well apart from the 360 sounding like a boeing 747 on takeoff)

I could understand an install for multiplayer though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back