PS3 (3 Viewers)

Bah!

So what are the best deals for PS3 at the moment? Is there a GT pack coming out?

I dunno how much they are now to be honest. I think its 399 with a few games. It might be worth waiting until MGS4. There's a price drop rumoured between now and then.

Having full games on the hard disc is really convenient. They can't get lost or scratched and scabs like Stan Bowles can't borrow them for ages.

Still there's no trade in value of course.

Right, I'm gonna preempt y'all here -
Online GT5 races from Friday.
Who's in?
Without luck on your side you won't be playing with anyone you know, from the EG review:

Another icon of which you'll be taking note is "Online", the doorway to Prologue's vaunted 16-player online races, but this is easily the weakest part of the game in its current state. With no in-game XMB (summer, hopefully) and no bespoke friends lists or proper matchmaking options, you just pick one of the server-set tasks and wait for the game to link you up with other players.

Quite frankly that sucks donkey balls.

Having full games on the hard disc is really convenient. They can't get lost or scratched and scabs like Stan Bowles can't borrow them for ages.
Sorry boss, all I have of yours is Heavenly Sword isn't it? And you can have that back anytime, I'm never going to play it again.

Hmm. It's a toss up (fnar) between an iphone and a PS3. I reckon the PS3 would get more useage, especially with Wipeout on the way.

Hmm. It's a toss up (fnar) between an iphone and a PS3. I reckon the PS3 would get more useage, especially with Wipeout on the way.

Thats a tough one. You could unlock an imported iPhone and also buy a ps3. The money you'd save on the o2 18 month contract would easily negate the cost of a ps3.

Without luck on your side you won't be playing with anyone you know, from the EG review:

Another icon of which you'll be taking note is "Online", the doorway to Prologue's vaunted 16-player online races, but this is easily the weakest part of the game in its current state. With no in-game XMB (summer, hopefully) and no bespoke friends lists or proper matchmaking options, you just pick one of the server-set tasks and wait for the game to link you up with other players.

Quite frankly that sucks donkey balls.

Yeah its seriously shit. I'd say its put a lot of people off getting it. Its supposed to be updated soon but its not good enough.

No rush i was only messin. Did i leave planet earth there too?

Yep, and The Departed. I haven't watched Planet Earth but I can't see us getting round to it anytime soon so you might as well take them all back. I've Bully for the PS2 to give to you as well.

I see UT3 has been patched.

Playing it now on EU servers. No yanks, no lag.

Have you got UT3? I got my copy back off 1000smurfs on Sunday so I'm looking to get back into it. Need to look at all the mod stuff too.

Yep, and The Departed. I haven't watched Planet Earth but I can't see us getting round to it anytime soon so you might as well take them all back. I've Bully for the PS2 to give to you as well.

Have you got UT3? I got my copy back off 1000smurfs on Sunday so I'm looking to get back into it. Need to look at all the mod stuff too.

Yeah i got it along with Burnout Paradise from VG+. It worked out at like 80 euro for both of them.

Its not usually my type of game but the speed of it i like. The online was ropey cos it was locked to US servers and the voice comm was broken. That all been fixed now. Now there's friends list and invites too.

I'm getting raped.

Cool, I'm trying to get a UT3 game with some of the EG types going, If anything gets arranged I'll let you know.

I've never even tested my bluetooth headset on the PS3!

I bought a Gioteck one a while ago and its perfect.

Its got volume, mute and no pairing problems. Why Sony don't include one is gay along with not including a HDMI cable.

Yeah you can if you want. Problem is you can only install one mod at a time so you'd have to keep exiting the game to download each mod and then loading it again to install it.

Here I'll be on for an hour or two in a bit, fancy playing something? Don't mind what - UT3, beaner hunt, Army of Two...

Ah sorry i can't right now. Just about to watch This is England.

I'm a bit goggled eyed from that ut3 to be honest. Real seizure stuff. I'll def be on the next few nights.

Dunno what was going on earlier Dave, PSN kept flaking out on me. Then I worked out that even though I had paired up my bluetooth headset I hadn't set it as my audio device.

So much fluting around with the PS3 compared to XBOX and live.

Dunno what was going on earlier Dave, PSN kept flaking out on me. Then I worked out that even though I had paired up my bluetooth headset I hadn't set it as my audio device.

So much fluting around with the PS3 compared to XBOX and live.

Thats shit. You know you have to hit right on the d-pad to talk though right? This in game xmb is really needed.

Finally set up media streaming to the ps3 yesterday. Works grand, but they really need a better interface for browsing media. No album cover art or video thumbnails at the moment (or am I doing something wrong?)

Along with supporting the latest bluray profile the new firmware supports 2gb+ divx files, so should be good for HD movies. Anything I've tried so far looked grand.

Just need to start playing some games that aren't super stardust now.

I get video thumbnails but the videos themselves are stored on the HD. Dunno if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back