PS3 a big flop? (1 Viewer)

It's also amazing how well nintendo seem to be doing with a novelty controller and a gamecube re-packaged.

well, it really isn't a novelty, once you get more into it, and i think thats what has so many developers so excited, and punters. if utilised properly it could have as dramatic an impact as the analogue stick did, but the *if* is the big thing

i'm dying to see how it's implemented for games like metroid and resi evil, i think that's when it'll make it's first serious dent in impressions for people like yerself

yeah the whole nintendo thing is gas, if microsoft or sony released something like that they would be laughed at. but with nintendo it a big seller and is revolutionising the gaming industry. I have a wii and i know exactly what its for, no nonsense fun but not to be taken seriously

i'm dying to see how it's implemented for games like metroid and resi evil, i think that's when it'll make it's first serious dent in impressions for people like yerself
Well I never liked metroid prime. I guess RE could be interesting, but how annoying would swinging the wiimote as a chainsaw be after the first ten minutes? As you say, they could come up with something amazing on it, but at the moment it does nothing for me.

Well I never liked metroid prime. I guess RE could be interesting, but how annoying would swinging the wiimote as a chainsaw be after the first ten minutes?

I was mucking around with a friends Wii the other day, and I was feeling pretty bored and actually quiet tired after about 10 minutes, apart from a sign of my low attention span and ill ill health I think the 'waving the controller about' novelty value will have to backed up with some decent "slump in front of the couch for 18 hours in a row" type game action

also I don't think I've ever seen Brady this animated on a thread ever...

That was a genuine enquiry you prick!

We'll have to arrange a night of bass and I'll bring round a load of games you can borrow.

ha ha, I thought you were being sarky with yr up to date consoles!

have to say the PS2 is the shit for the money now and it's tiny, about the size of a VHS cassettes but slimer, but fuck F1 and it's stupid fucking being too hard, really dissapoint about that...

was just thinking about the auld bass there, I'll drop you a PM

Skerries FC?! Heh.

Yeah those F1 games were always a pain in arse. Unforgiving in a really irritating way.

GTA: San Andreas was a great ps2 game.

Skerries FC?! Heh.

Skerries TOWN F.C. the most glorious bunch of bastards to ever grace a PES pitch, as I was saying to Stan "is it wrong to feel a very real deep eomtional attachment to each and every member of your PES team, given that they're only sprites and pixels?"

cause if it is, I don't wanna be right...

I'm gonna lend him Vice City first, I reckon San Andreas would be a bit too much to start off on.

Plus he can go round running people over while listening to Africa by Toto.

The soundtrack in vice city is definately better.

More than this by roxy music sticks out.

Oh and workin for the weekend of course.

"You want a piece of my heart
you better start from the start
you wanna be in the show
c'mon baby let's GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

What a game.

I might see if i can pick up vice city and san andreas for the xbox. I'd say they're goin for peanuts.

Anyway, back to the thread topic...from eurogamer

It seems that gamers in the UK and Ireland hoping to pick up a PlayStation 3 will have to cough up more cash than their Continental chums, just for a change.

Sony has confirmed to our sister site GamesIndustry.biz that the 60GB PS3 will cost EUR 629.99 in Ireland, as suggested on the official website.

"Ireland is traditionally more expensive than other territories," a spokesperson explained.

"The VAT rate there is 21 per cent, whereas it can be as low as 16 per cent in other EU countries."

However, the spokesperson continued, the PS3 will still cost EUR 599 if you're buying it elsewhere in Europe.

Of course, here in Britain we're still using the funny old money with the picture of the rich lady on it, so we'll get a price point all of our own. And according to our old friend Senior Retail Sources, that price point will be set at GBP 425.

Which doesn't come as a huge surprise - after all, Sony UK boss Ray Maguire mentioned the GBP 425 figure to us back in May of last year.

The UK price is equivalent to just under EUR 647, so expect lots of rip-off Britain themed complaining as Sony continues to x-ray all anonymous incoming post for dog eggs.

But is it their fault? According to one source the higher price has been driven by British retailers, who traditionally seek bigger profit margins than shopkeepers on the Continent.

Senior Retail Sources also reckon that you won't be able to buy the 20GB version in Britain, as Sony has confirmed will be the case in Ireland - at least for a while after launch.

SCEE is expected to officially announce a price point and launch date next week

But is it their fault? According to one source the higher price has been driven by British retailers, who traditionally seek bigger profit margins than shopkeepers on the Continent.

i got my 360 at cost price which was.....389 instead of 399!!:eek:

Here if I start slagging the PS3 can I get called a two-note shitbean?

You're a two-note shitbean.

You're right though. Can't see myself buying one of these fellas at launch either (like I did with the PS2), because the cost is just fucking eye-watering and I'll probably also be tempted to buy a fancy-pants telly that I don't need.

I've no doubt they'll sell out in the first day due to Sony artificially restricting stock, but there'll be plenty gathering dust on shelves in the following months. If Sony have any sense, they'll knock a chunk off the price before the Christmas frenzy starts - which is hopefully about when we'll start to see decent games appearing for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back