PS3 a big flop? (4 Viewers)

Didn't seem to be the case. It asked me if I wanted to upgrade, I said yes, then it went off looking for a wireless network connection, I didn't investigate any further to be honest.

Vice City Stories is good, but I was never a fan of GTA before so I can't really compare. Bought Lemmings before Xmas, I've still to try it but I mainly got it for boring airport waits.

I'm more of a PES6 man meself, but a mate of mine has my PS2 version so I'm having to make do with Sensible Soccer. Grrrrr.

Yep, my Vice City Stories had the required firmware on the disc.

Doh. sony are still pricks though.

were they good games? turned on my psp for the first time in ages yesterday, so long in fact that i had to re-enter all the settings/date etc

FM2007 obviously doesn't have all the features of the PC version, but having it portable and not running like a power hungry dog is great. In fact QPR made such a decent start to the season I haven't played Vice City yet.

MotorStorm demo - incredible
Gran Turismo : HD demo - pretty great
Resistance: Fall of Man - pretty good, but it's no Gears of War.

Not PS3 related but Sony being pricks related.

Got a couple of new PSP games for christmas (Vice City Stories, Football Manager 2007), stuck them in the PSP, was told I could not play them until I had upgraded my firmware! So for three days I had new games, no access to a wireless network, and was therefore unable to play new games on my PSP.

Pricks.

I have a NW1000 sony MP3 player. You should see the griping on the net about the software. It is shit beyond belief.

Sony are foreced to reccomend people go back to using its old Sonic Stage software instead of the new Connect shit.

Lovely gear but absolutely the worst software in the world.

I have a K800 sony EriccsonMobile, beautyiful job. 3Mp camera with a flash and an mp3 player. Everything except wifi.

The sofware however is again shit and I had to restore my PC 3 times and have finally given up on installing the crap.

Sony wont last long of they keep producing crap like this.

MotorStorm demo - incredible
Gran Turismo : HD demo - pretty great
Resistance: Fall of Man - pretty good, but it's no Gears of War.

So what are your overall impressions pete...have you watched any blu ray movies on it?

testcity1.gif

So what are your overall impressions pete...have you watched any blu ray movies on it?
So far, so good. I haven't really had that much time to play with it to be honest.

I was kinda caught on the hop the day i bought it and hadn't a clue what games I wanted to buy, and the next day all I could get that i wanted was Resistance. Which would be great if i'd never played GOW. I've ordered Ridge Racer 7 from Canada so that should be here in a few days.

Didn't see any movies worth buying on Blu Ray, but the downloadable trailers look great.

just finished Resistance there now. bit of a slow starter, but it's pretty awesome. some of the full on battles are incredible - maybe 30 or 40 soldiers / alien things going at it. have to replay it now, at least until ridge racer 7 arrives.

For anyone bollocked off with the PSP they should get their hands on the unofficial firmware 3.02-OBE. Its a pirated version so you can play any ISO of PSP games downloadable off the net (try projectw.org for em) but now you can also play all PS1 games on it too!! Its fucking deadly so it is.. I've been playing FFVII on my bros psp all day.. Depending on what firmware you are, there are downgraders available on which you can install the software..

Try psp-hacks.com for all necessary software..

For tutorials on how to do things properly (not doing these installers exactly can brick your PSP rendering it unplayable ever again) can be forun in the PSP section of forums.afterdawn.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back