propaghadi on tues - do come early (2 Viewers)

Your description of them as a Punk band is a fucking joke?
Your poxy mic picks up too many outside noises too mister fucking smartarse head up his arse cunt.
Did you tell this "Punk Rocker" that you also prefer and have been promoting Hip Hop?
Thought not....................

Considering there's some hip hop on the G7 label I don't think he'd be too concerned.:rolleyes:

Absolutely bangin gig! Thrown out for stage diving so I scuttled off around the back and found the side door open! I was just about to burst out through the stage door, dance for 5 seconds with the gandhi and stagedive off to freedom when the same bouncers reefed me out of it and fucked me out again:
"All you had to do was wait ten minutes," they told me, "but you've gone and FUCKED IT UP FOR YERSELF!"
Well fuck them anyway - I managed to slide in the front door while the gardai were giving out to them for something.

But was this time or 2001 better? I have to say the first time, because Potempkin city limits just don't got a thing on Today's Empires - they've turned into a pack of emo willy wufters.

But was this time or 2001 better? I have to say the first time, because Potempkin city limits just don't got a thing on Today's Empires - they've turned into a pack of emo willy wufters.

You've just made my day possibly. I didn't make last night due to being in Wales but I don't feel so bad if the 2001 gig was better. I think I remember being ianbastardcore's adult accompaniment for that gig too:D

Absolutely bangin gig! Thrown out for stage diving so I scuttled off around the back and found the side door open! I was just about to burst out through the stage door, dance for 5 seconds with the gandhi and stagedive off to freedom when the same bouncers reefed me out of it and fucked me out again:
"All you had to do was wait ten minutes," they told me, "but you've gone and FUCKED IT UP FOR YERSELF!"
Well fuck them anyway - I managed to slide in the front door while the gardai were giving out to them for something.

You were kicked out about 3 songs in! Bouncers were fuckin saps. Scuzz got kikt out aswell and gave quite a battle as he was leaving! Haha.

I'd a fukkin' ball, though the first time I saw 'em years back was way better. Mostly due to the fact that there weren't any barriers and yer mans lead didn't get pulled out during the "Back to the Motor League" solo.

I fukkin' love that solo!!

I'd a fukkin' ball, though the first time I saw 'em years back was way better. Mostly due to the fact that there weren't any barriers and yer mans lead didn't get pulled out during the "Back to the Motor League" solo.

I fukkin' love that solo!!

Haha, yeah that was a bit shit alright. I was lookin forward to that.

hope your not seriously suggesting potemkin city limits is emo- if you are its the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. fucking brilliant album, better than todays empires which is very up and down.

hope your not seriously suggesting potemkin city limits is emo- if you are its the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. fucking brilliant album, better than todays empires which is very up and down.
I would have said it's the other way around actually, potemkin took me a lot of time to get into, and even then it's only occasionally rewarding (namely when the bassist is singing). Loads of great tracks on today's empires.

I would have said it's the other way around actually, potemkin took me a lot of time to get into, and even then it's only occasionally rewarding (namely when the bassist is singing). Loads of great tracks on today's empires.

I think they're both great albums. Got into Potemkin first listen. More Rock Less Talk is they're only weak album IMO.

When I say emo I'm not talking about the lyrics, but the vocal harmonies and the style in general has gotten way softer :mad: . The new album has none of the power .|..| , and especially the thrilling urgency .|..| .|..| of Today's empires (on which every song was a masterpiece by the way!).

Less Talk and How to Clean Everything I do like too, but Less Talk has those weak songs with the old bassist, and the joke songs on the How to clean were funny at first, but now they just ruin the album for me.

So there.

Nice Interview.
I love all 3 albums I have, Todays Empires has the biggest impact on me. I've never heard "How to clean everything" But I have the 7" How to clean a few things, or something like that. Its not bad. I'm not keen on the bass sound on Less Talk.

i think less talk is the best. i love the logic of vocal harmonies = emo. no offence but langdon beck are way more emo than anything propagandhi have ever or will ever do. your idea of emo is warped by a kind of 'look how hardcore i am' mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back