promo-in-dublinia (1 Viewer)

A lot of bands usually begin by pulling down their trousers and bending over. Then they allow sombody from IPA to fuck them.

or

You can walk around Dublin for hours putting up posters in shops before pulling down your trousers and letting someone from Micromedia to fuck you.

or

you can send your listings to as many places as you can while emailing all your friends and as many meeja types as you can in the hope that someone you don't recognise shows up.

Apologies for the mood, I'm working.

Anthony (25 Jan, 2002 10:33 a.m.):
You can walk around Dublin for hours putting up posters in shops before pulling down your trousers and letting someone from Micromedia to fuck you.

I've got big beef with Micro Media at the moment. You know the way flyers used to lie around shops waiting to be picked up, and NOW you may notice flyers sit in handsome plastic holders, standing upright for your attention...have look next time your in a flyer barer shop

well you can thank Micormedia for that, what they do is install (or "put") these wee holders about and fill them with flyers on a regular from people who pay them to do so.

Shopkeepers like these plastic holder things cause it stops flyers blowing about the place and making their place of business messy. SO the trend is they refuse to take flyers, AND if you try and stick them in the plastic holders they tell you to knob off cause they is owned by Micro Media

So unless you pay micromedia you can't put your flyers round the place!!!

isn't advertising gis fun!!

don't you just love it!!!

maybe things could think about putting some "things" plastic holders with a little sticker that says "things" on them in some shops?
or it could be more hassle than its worth..who knows.

its all about the things.

andy (25 Jan, 2002 10:51 a.m.):
maybe things could think about putting some "things" plastic holders with a little sticker that says "things" on them in some shops?

you = genius

why didn't anyone else thing of this before fogarty?

now there'll be no shutting the bastard up

Actually I thought of it but didn't say anything 'cos I wanted someone else to take the credit.

Now, however, I've changed me tune and want to take some of the credit.

(Smithwicks please.)

pete (25 Jan, 2002 11:07 a.m.):
andy (25 Jan, 2002 10:51 a.m.):

you = genius

why didn't anyone else thing of this before fogarty?

now there'll be no shutting the bastard up

Yea Micro Media =cunts.
The other thing they do which I found funny is those poster frames around the place.
When Burkey used to work in Cornocopia they came along one day and asked the bouncer if it was okay to put the frame. Bouncer said yea. So the cheeky bastards put it up and never paid anyone anything. Granded I think the management had a word with them and it was gone.
Andy's (sorry Anne's) idea is great but it might end up being the same thing only we'll end up being the cunts you can't put your flyers in our plastic thing.

this is not lord of the rings and a plastic flyer holder will not corrupt all those who seek to possess it

pete (25 Jan, 2002 12:37 p.m.):
this is not lord of the rings and a plastic flyer holder will not corrupt all those who seek to possess it

hhhmmm its goodie alright, another smaller scale solution would be to get the once discussed print version of the list out around the place.

I do like the flyer idea, very good, that'd really stick in Micro Media's throat

anyway todays not a day for discussing the never ending war against the mainstream,

todays a day for discussing Disco's and crap music

woo!

Pantone247 (25 Jan, 2002 12:55 p.m.):

I do like the flyer idea, very good, that'd really stick in Micro Media's throat

anyway todays not a day for discussing the never ending war against the mainstream,

todays a day for discussing Disco's and crap music

woo!

My hairy fucking arse!!!
EVERYday is a day for the neverending war againsd pricks like Micromaeeja...
those plasitc things are so cheap to buy bulk.
Putting stickers on them to make them look legit is a pice of piss...
Low maintanence as Bands themselves can fill them with their own flyers...
only requirement should be that the Things logo or www. address should feature on the flyer...
eesahh

Well, if there was a print version of Things that acted as a combined flyer, we could make something to hold them in in shopses.

Cos having loads of different shapes and sizes of flyers of assorted quality will probably still be offputting for your average shopkeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back