Progressive Democrats Finally Go Away (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3
it's been on the cards for ages, but was far from a done deal. they needed to have a party conference to have the formal vote.

On the newstalk news just now the reporter said that many still thought there was room for a liberal party in Irish politics.

What the fuck do the PD's in reality have to do with liberal politics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Democrats

One can argue what a liberal party is. In the list below, a liberal party is defined as a political party that adheres to the basic principles of political liberalism. This is a broad political current, that includes both right of center (or free market) liberals and left of center liberals. All liberal parties emphasize individual rights, but they differ in their opinion on an active role for the state.

Can this week get any better?

On the negative side though it probably just means. "Bye bye PDs. Hello Libertas!"

Does that mean I can now burn my swastika armband?

Good fucking riddance.

Wonder if McDowell or Harney will go down in history as the one who killed the PD's?

Win-win situation either way.

Bye bye, fuck off. Glad to see the back of that shower of cunts. Unfortunately they get to walk away and leave a godawful mess behind them without any accountability. I'm going to keep a list of the pricks and will turn up at their funerals to spit on their graves in front of their family.

Does this mean Mary Harney has to leave government?

She was voted in as a PD. Now they're no more so she's not really an elected member of the Dail.

Please tell me I'm right.

Bye bye, fuck off. Glad to see the back of that shower of cunts. Unfortunately they get to walk away and leave a godawful mess behind them without any accountability. I'm going to keep a list of the pricks and will turn up at their funerals to spit on their graves in front of their family.

Does this mean Mary Harney has to leave government?

She was voted in as a PD. Now they're no more so she's not really an elected member of the Dail.

Please tell me I'm right.

Sadly your not right. It was "Mary Harney" that was elected in, nothing to do with the PDs. Same way a TD can go Independent if they split away from FF or FG.

On the newstalk news just now the reporter said that many still thought there was room for a liberal party in Irish politics.

What the fuck do the PD's in reality have to do with liberal politics.

Aghhh, you're taking the current American definition of 'liberal' as gospel!

Sadly your not right. It was "Mary Harney" that was elected in, nothing to do with the PDs. Same way a TD can go Independent if they split away from FF or FG.

Well, Harney was on the rajo today saying she doesn't know if Cowan will keep her. I reckon she's hoping he won't. Her job's done.

She also said that no one person should be blamed for the demise of the party, while hinting that it was Micky McDowell. And then going on to blame the irish people for not voting them in. I get the impression she never really understood polictics.

Geebag.

well she did marry Brian Geoghegan, former director of economic affairs at IBEC, who i guess were the armed wing of the PDs. i don't think this either proves or suggests she was corrupt in the 'lining her pockets' kind of way though.

on a personal note, a few years ago i decided to move to berlin comfortable in the assurance that it is further away from her than boston is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back