Probably the most depressing thing you'll read this morning. (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

lies the man who wanted to be buried alone - and the eye of exile is a fond gaze - a stone insect stands - where the streets converge - its shade cast on pale park bench in a blue lit scene - sawn from the road - if i aint' the beetle on the stove

Anybody here who is single, try this experiment. Don't call, text, email, tweet, or facebook any friends or family and see how long it takes any of them to contact you.

Christ I'm reading all this and thinking jaysis are we not only just over Christmas??

Anyway , this is nothing on that film, Dreams of a Life, last year about the girl in England who sat dead on the couch for three years surrounded by Xmas presents for other people.

I know that house. My old man used to point it out to me any time we were in Wexford.

The sad thing for me is that this is someone that is not missed by a soul for three months but still goes to all the effort of putting up a tree and decorations.
He looked forward to it, picked the day, made decisions on what should go where.
Maybe had a nice cup of tea as a reward afterwards.
All that for no one but him.

I did that this year.
I'm going to choke on my dinner for one or slip in the shower and no one will know for weeks.
I really need to give my spare key to someone.

I recall whinging on here that I had put up decorations early december and took them down again on new years day without one other person having seen them. I can't remember whether it was in the christmas thread or in the whinging thread.

If I died on my floor I think I'd be noticed within a week.

At the moment. I expect that duration to lengthen as the years pass by.

The man was described as elderly, is 62 elderly though?
I'm 30 this year, I dont want to be middle aged already.

I was watching "My So-Called Life" over the weekend. A teenage show that came out when I was 18 in the early 90s. The parents in it were complaining about being 40. Then I realized, fuck me... I'll be 37 in two weeks. How does this shit happen? I was still relating more to the drama filled 15 year old when I could actually have a kid in university right now. That's depressing and slightly terrifying.

In Egypt they found the body of a young man surrounded by objects he clearly valued. He was alone, surrounded by cats, in a large uninhabited building. He wasn't found for thousands of years. And the most embarrassing aspect of it all was he was dressed in bondage gear.
Sad story.

I was watching "My So-Called Life" over the weekend. A teenage show that came out when I was 18 in the early 90s. The parents in it were complaining about being 40. Then I realized, fuck me... I'll be 37 in two weeks. How does this shit happen? I was still relating more to the drama filled 15 year old when I could actually have a kid in university right now. That's depressing and slightly terrifying.

Hey, look on the bright side - you don't have a kid in university right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back