Probably the most depressing thing you'll read this morning. (4 Viewers)

Anybody here who is single, try this experiment. Don't call, text, email, tweet, or facebook any friends or family and see how long it takes any of them to contact you.

Yeah, I wonder how long it would be before people would check. I mean not just contact you but a specific are you ok query. Be easy to be dead for a week or more if you live alone.

this happened again. It was on the news there. Some poor lad was dead 4 weeks before he was found.

Ah shite.

Worst I heard of was some old dear died. Her cats were locked in with her and they had started in on her corpse before it was discovered.

An even sadder case. 20 years!

Dead Spanish man lay undiscovered at home for up to 20 years
Neighbours say they had not seen Vicente Benito for almost two decades, and thought he had moved away
Giles Tremlett in Madrid
guardian.co.uk, Friday 1 June 2012 17.28 BST

The remains of a Spanish man have been found lying in the corridor of his terraced house in the north-western village of Canizal some 20 years after he died.
Police looking for clues to the date of Vicente Benito's death point to the fact that the only coins and banknotes they could find in the house were denominated in pesetas, suggesting he had died well before the euro was introduced in 2002.

In fact nobody had seen Benito for almost two decades, though none of his neighbours in the village of 520 people thought there was anything peculiar about him failing to answer his doorbell for so long.

They long ago gave up ringing on it, assuming he had moved to neighbouring Portugal. There were rumours he had found a girlfriend, or was working as a shepherd in some other part of the world.

A few people remember being angry that he had left a dog tied to the metal bars across a window that gave straight on to the street, but that was a decade or two ago.
The dog was eventually cut loose and taken in by a neighbour, but no one tried to find out if Benito was ill in bed or somehow unable to get of his tiny house.
"We think he was last seen at least 15 years ago, but no one is sure," the mayor, Miguel Angel Herrero, explained.

Earlier this week, however, a nephew who lived in the village decided to break into his uncle's house.
"They say he wanted to see what had happened to his uncle," a neighbour told the local La Opinión de Zamora newspaper.
"I don't think I'll be able to sleep for at least a week," the young man reportedly said.

Benito would be 73 were he still alive, so would have been in his mid-50s when he died.
"He had stopped talking to his siblings and went to work as a shepherd. He was always off somewhere, so it didn't occur to people that he might still be in the village," said Herrero.

His ex-wife, who had gone to live with someone else, formally reported him missing in 1992. She had since remarried and moved to the nearby village of Olmo de la Guareña.

Villagers were unable to explain why, given that Benito was slowly doing up his house and had left a six-inch gap at the bottom of his front door, nobody had noticed a strange smell. Herrero suggested a nearby pigsty had blocked it out.

"These days there a lot of solitary souls in our villages," commented La Opinión de Zamora columnist Celedonia Pérez.
Local police were rumoured to have found a lottery ticket from Spain's ONCE organisation for the blind dating back to the early 1990s.
"They should check his bank account, that should show when he last took out money," a neighbour, María Victoria Barros suggested.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/01/dead-spanish-man-undiscovered-home

Hitchhiker hospitalized in 'random' drive-by shooting near Glasgow
14 hours ago • By ZACH BENOIT [email protected](7) Comments

A West Virginia man is recovering and another man is in jail after what authorities described as a random shooting on Saturday night near Glasgow.

Valley County Sheriff Glen Meier said that on Saturday night, Raymond Dolin, 39, was sitting on the side of Highway 2 a few miles west of Glasgow and waiting for a ride when a man drove up in a maroon pickup, shot him and drove off shortly before 6 p.m.

Dolin, from West Virginia, is hitchhiking across the country and writing a memoir called "The Kindness of America," Meier said.

He was able to flag down a passer-by for help and is now recovering at Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital in Glasgow.

Authorities from several counties, the Montana Highway Patrol, the Bureau of Land Management and Fort Peck tribal officials began a large manhunt for the driver of the pickup.

They learned the man had asked for directions from a nearby resident before heading east.

Tribal officers spotted the pickup in Poplar and Roosevelt County Sheriff's deputies were able to track it Culbertson, where they arrested the driver, 52-year-old Charles Lloyd Danielson III, of Washington, in connection with the shooting about four hours after it happened.

Meier said there doesn't appear to be any connection between Dolin and Danielson.

"It’s totally random," he said. "These two gentlemen did not know each other. They’d never seen each other and we don't know of a motive. We don’t know why this happened."

Danielson is being held at the Roosevelt County Detention Center on suspicion of felony assault with a weapon and driving under the influence.

Meier said he expects Danielson to make an initial court appearance in Roosevelt County on Monday. He will then be sent to Valley County.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...308-5184-ada1-e215399e06ed.html#ixzz1xU8oasIf

Took me a minute to realize it was Montana not Scotland. On first read I was like, "Kindness of America, why the hell was he in Scotland?" I need more coffee.
Montana is a lovely state minus the crazies hiding out in cabins.

I met a guy who had walked america east to west because he had decided that if he could do it entirely based on the kindness of strangers then god existed. it worked anyways (he wasnt shot and didnt starve) except i asked him what was next and he said 'i'm not sure yet, i think if i do north to south i'll be absolutely sure that god exists'. very impressive beard too.

I met a guy who had walked america east to west because he had decided that if he could do it entirely based on the kindness of strangers then god existed. it worked anyways (he wasnt shot and didnt starve) except i asked him what was next and he said 'i'm not sure yet, i think if i do north to south i'll be absolutely sure that god exists'. very impressive beard too.

Are you sure you didn't just watch Forrest Gump while off your tits?

Hitchhiker hospitalized in 'random' drive-by shooting near Glasgow
14 hours ago • By ZACH BENOIT [email protected](7) Comments

A West Virginia man is recovering and another man is in jail after what authorities described as a random shooting on Saturday night near Glasgow.

Valley County Sheriff Glen Meier said that on Saturday night, Raymond Dolin, 39, was sitting on the side of Highway 2 a few miles west of Glasgow and waiting for a ride when a man drove up in a maroon pickup, shot him and drove off shortly before 6 p.m.

Dolin, from West Virginia, is hitchhiking across the country and writing a memoir called "The Kindness of America," Meier said.

He was able to flag down a passer-by for help and is now recovering at Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital in Glasgow.

Authorities from several counties, the Montana Highway Patrol, the Bureau of Land Management and Fort Peck tribal officials began a large manhunt for the driver of the pickup.

They learned the man had asked for directions from a nearby resident before heading east.

Tribal officers spotted the pickup in Poplar and Roosevelt County Sheriff's deputies were able to track it Culbertson, where they arrested the driver, 52-year-old Charles Lloyd Danielson III, of Washington, in connection with the shooting about four hours after it happened.

Meier said there doesn't appear to be any connection between Dolin and Danielson.

"It’s totally random," he said. "These two gentlemen did not know each other. They’d never seen each other and we don't know of a motive. We don’t know why this happened."

Danielson is being held at the Roosevelt County Detention Center on suspicion of felony assault with a weapon and driving under the influence.

Meier said he expects Danielson to make an initial court appearance in Roosevelt County on Monday. He will then be sent to Valley County.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...308-5184-ada1-e215399e06ed.html#ixzz1xU8oasIf

http://missoulian.com/news/state-an...cle_9b61b8ba-b70e-11e1-adcc-001a4bcf887a.html

OMIGAWD! Well spotted.

You should have quoted some of it though, the wording in the link is truncated.

Sheriff: Hitchhiker writing book on kindness shot himself
Print Email
4 hours ago • Associated Press(0) Comments
A West Virginia man who claimed to be a victim of a drive-by shooting along a rural Montana highway while working on a memoir called "Kindness in America" has confessed to shooting himself, authorities said Friday.

Ray Dolin of Julian, W. Va., 39, made the acknowledgement Thursday night, said Valley County Sheriff Glen Meier.

The case remains under investigation and charges are possible, though none have been filed.

Dolin claimed he was hitchhiking along U.S. Highway 2 west of Glasgow on Saturday when the driver of a maroon pickup pulled over and shot him in the arm.

Authorities later arrested Lloyd Christopher Danielson III, 52, and charged him felony assault. That charge was dropped Thursday.

Dolin runs a photography business called OneShot Impressions, which has as its logo the cross-hairs of a rifle scope.

You're welcome.

Thank you for the advice on how to write things on the internet.

Well if you post a link with no info as to what its about and the truncated link itself gives no clues then there is a danger that it will go unclicked.

It really was an important follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back