Two men shot dead in Lusk (1 Viewer)

ITalkShite said:
Just the idea that the cops will head in and kill two of them is most disconcerting, and is even more so as more details come to light.

But hey didn't just shoot them in their beds. The ruffians were holding up a post office. Although I do question the motives of the Gardai - they could have just arrested the guys before. Stopping a robbery is a good pr job.

ITalkShite said:
Like none of the bad dudes firing any gun,

pointing a gun at someone is enough. That dude could have put the gun down.

ITalkShite said:
or bad dudes being shot dead despite being unarmed.

Bad dudes that were going for a gun, as Lorcanzo claimed.

ITalkShite said:
dd this to the Gardai's proven track record of being extrordinarily unreliable and self-serving in their 'internal investigations' (RTS/Mayday, Flood Tribunal, out-of-court compensation payments for complaints, John Carthy shooting, etc) and you have to ask yourself what the fuck is going on.

Yeah, they need an independent ombudsman. What did the guards have to do with the flood tribunal?

Funny how nobody cares to mention all the good stuff that gardai do daily - arresting the cunts that mug grannies/stab people etc.

spiritualtramp said:
But hey didn't just shoot them in their beds. The ruffians were holding up a post office. Although I do question the motives of the Gardai - they could have just arrested the guys before. Stopping a robbery is a good pr job.

pointing a gun at someone is enough. That dude could have put the gun down.

Bad dudes that were going for a gun, as Lorcanzo claimed.

Yeah, they need an independent ombudsman. What did the guards have to do with the flood tribunal?

Funny how nobody cares to mention all the good stuff that gardai do daily - arresting the cunts that mug grannies/stab people etc.

Sorry, meant to say Morris Tribunal. There's been a few. As for the details, we'll have to wait and see what comes out. Whole thing seems pretty fucked up though.

The independent ombudsman has been a persistent request for the past four years, and no movement from the Gardai, or from Michael McDowell. Surprise surprise.

ITalkShite said:
The independent ombudsman has been a persistent request for the past four years, and no movement. from the Gardai, or from Michael McDowell Surprise surprise.

There was a bill published, hence there has been movement within the last four years.

Setting up an independent ombudsman takes some time.

ITalkShite said:
Here, I'm not trying to sympathise with bad dudes who are ripping off a post office. Just the idea that the cops will head in and kill two of them is most disconcerting, and is even more so as more details come to light.

Like none of the bad dudes firing any gun, or bad dudes being shot dead despite being unarmed. Questions, questions, and plenty of them.

Add this to the Gardai's proven track record of being extrordinarily unreliable and self-serving in their 'internal investigations' (RTS/Mayday, Flood Tribunal, out-of-court compensation payments for complaints, John Carthy shooting, etc) and you have to ask yourself what the fuck is going on.

I'd rather not. The more you find out about na siocaloni the more worried you get. Just be thankful we dont have an armed police force. Our track record in armed stand offs is pretty fucking disasterous.Mind you, given the rate of things it wont be long before some fucking genius in the dail brings it in. Ol' SuperintendinT Taidgh McPastry would barely be able to think straight let alone shoot straight with all the ruccus. "KEEP IT DOWN LADS! I'M TRYIN TA SHOOT THIS FELLA HERE WIT THE SOCK ON IM!"

This is the kind of Garda we need

2965c2240.jpg

Fuck em, fuck em in the ear. i've heard too many fucking horror stories lately of Post offices/small shops being held up by cunts like this, ordinary people terrorized while they are trying to do a days work by assholes like this. As soon as decide to commit an armed robbery you must be aware that you are gonna really frighten people and possibly fuck them up and i think its pretty cool now that these people might think twice about doing shit like this.

cpr said:
Fuck em, fuck em in the ear. i've heard too many fucking horror stories lately of Post offices/small shops being held up by cunts like this, ordinary people terrorized while they are trying to do a days work by assholes like this. As soon as decide to commit an armed robbery you must be aware that you are gonna really frighten people and possibly fuck them up and i think its pretty cool now that these people might think twice about doing shit like this.

S'pose. My Dad's sister and her husband had the PO in a wee arse of a bog in Westmeath and if a gang of bleedin baldy-headed, horse-loving, Paddy-drinkin, second-home-on-the-Cote-d'Azur-and-a-suite-at-the-Paris-Ritz drug barons rambled in lookin to steal the pension-slash-drinking money from the good people of Ballymanus then I say send in the clowns to tear them asunder. I'd have no sympathy. I'd be like Mathilda in Léon.

nlgbbbblth said:
hmmm something is wrong here
a drug dealer has been shot in Clondalkin

don't hear Amnesty International complaining.
Obviously their silence means that they are condoning it.

pricks.

Although you're probably taking the piss, lots of people have been having a go at Amnesty for this, which is just stupid.

Amnesty didn't make any comment on the specifics of the incident. They were not defending the criminals nor condemning the Gardai for their actions. As a Human Rights organisation, they were simply asked for their stance on the use of lethal force and responded by saying that in such cases a transparent and independent enquiry needs to be held. This has always been their policy.

In cases where lethal force has been used by members of An Garda Siochána, an independent and transparent investigation needs to be held, both in the interests of the Gardai themselves and in the interests of public confidence and accountability.

In other jurisdictions such cases are automatically referrred to an independent investigative body such as an ombudsman. We still do not have such an office in the state.

Amnesty accepts, and international standards (i.e. the UN Code of Conduct for Law Enforcement Officials, and the UN Basic Principles for the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials) recognise that police must sometimes be permitted to use force or lethal force in order to do their job of keeping communities safe and protecting people from life threatening attacks. But the force used must not be arbitrary: it must be proportionate, necessary and lawful. And it must only be used in self-defence or against the imminent threat of death or serious injury.

Independent reviews and transparency safeguard both the integrity of the Gardai and public confidence.

http://www.amnesty.ie/content/view/full/3876/

What's wrong with any of that? The ICCL and the Labour Party said much the same thing the day it happened.

If I was a cop I'd have shot all 5 and asked their corpses to drop their weapons. fuck these assholes. obviously Irish cops are dweebs with about as much experience of shooting guns as a newborn baby, but I reckon fuck those pricks robbing the post office.

If I was a cop though, I reckon my chief would call me "hotdog", "loose canon", "suspended" a lot. But I'd get results, see.

avernus said:
If I was a cop I'd have shot all 5 and asked their corpses to drop their weapons. fuck these assholes. obviously Irish cops are dweebs with about as much experience of shooting guns as a newborn baby, but I reckon fuck those pricks robbing the post office.

If I was a cop though, I reckon my chief would call me "hotdog", "loose canon", "suspended" a lot. But I'd get results, see.

Haha, "No chief, YOU'RE off the case!"
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
"It means he gets RESULTS you stupid chief!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back